Customer reviews

on 29 July 2017
5 STARS. Truly the essential book for any teacher. Insightful and provides practical strategies which are simple to implement, even for a busy teacher. Although, sometimes I did wish for certain stratgeies to be explored in depth (such as effective questionning). But for a small and handy book, this was well worth the but. A book I will keep for life.
on 1 April 2017
Great
on 13 February 2013
Initially purchased for myself but found the content so relevant and stimulating that it has become a 'must read' for department leaders - we have purchased several more copies!
Delivery was prompt, which has become 'normal' for Amazon.
on 26 January 2014
As a student teacher it has helped me enormously. It simplifies a complex area without losing it's importance. I have gained a lot of ideas I will put into practice.
on 2 March 2013
Since receiving the book in the post yesterday, I have not been able to put the book down. It is now filled with post it notes and highlighted section. I can't wait to get into school on Monday and try out some of the ideas from the chapter about learning objectives (this coming from a person who had been feeling that Monday feeling everyday of the week lately). For me it has been a breathe of fresh air, simple yet effective. I will be using the 3 post it rule to introduce the activities I want to implement in my class. ( 3 post it rule, a simple rule explained by Ben Keeling in his book 'My School Improvement Doodle Book). I will also be recommending that the head buys a copy for all teaching staff.
on 1 March 2013
This whole series seem to be well thought out and compiled by well known names in education. This helps the normal class teacher get it right!
on 4 November 2013
full of really good starting points for assessment. I have used some of the points in the bok to help with the learning enviroment
on 29 October 2013
A great book with many useful ideas that can be used in the classroom and when discussing issues in the staff room.
on 1 July 2013
Good layout, clear and simple ideas also helps setting out new SOW and in class AFL strategies. Also an easy read.
on 8 September 2013
As with all these things, you need to select the parts which are most useful for you. Plenty of good advice.