Customer reviews

on 1 April 2017
Great
on 13 February 2013
Initially purchased for myself but found the content so relevant and stimulating that it has become a 'must read' for department leaders - we have purchased several more copies!
Delivery was prompt, which has become 'normal' for Amazon.
on 26 January 2014
As a student teacher it has helped me enormously. It simplifies a complex area without losing it's importance. I have gained a lot of ideas I will put into practice.
on 2 March 2013
Since receiving the book in the post yesterday, I have not been able to put the book down. It is now filled with post it notes and highlighted section. I can't wait to get into school on Monday and try out some of the ideas from the chapter about learning objectives (this coming from a person who had been feeling that Monday feeling everyday of the week lately). For me it has been a breathe of fresh air, simple yet effective. I will be using the 3 post it rule to introduce the activities I want to implement in my class. ( 3 post it rule, a simple rule explained by Ben Keeling in his book 'My School Improvement Doodle Book). I will also be recommending that the head buys a copy for all teaching staff.
on 1 March 2013
This whole series seem to be well thought out and compiled by well known names in education. This helps the normal class teacher get it right!
on 4 November 2013
full of really good starting points for assessment. I have used some of the points in the bok to help with the learning enviroment
on 29 October 2013
A great book with many useful ideas that can be used in the classroom and when discussing issues in the staff room.
on 1 July 2013
Good layout, clear and simple ideas also helps setting out new SOW and in class AFL strategies. Also an easy read.
on 8 September 2013
As with all these things, you need to select the parts which are most useful for you. Plenty of good advice.
on 19 May 2015
Some good ideas to throw into the mix when teaching and show that you are assessing. It's clearly written and explained - unlike a lot of this type of book that I've read before and actually just dress up ideas that are impossible to use.
It's is expensive but worthwhile whether you are a new or experienced teacher.