on 8 December 2013
Am I Missing Something...? is the fifth book in Ian Hollingshead's series collecting unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph and it is every bit as funny as previous volumes. Although they might have missed publication in the `paper itself, these correspondents to the Telegraph sure are on fine form whether they are critiquing the birth of Prince George or enumerating the Cypriot bailout, musing on UKIP's Rude Awakening or bemoaning the decline in standards of English. Am I Missing Something...? is a great book to flick through when you feel that society, the media or even yourself has clearly got a screw loose. It's a book that is sure to raise a laugh and, dare I say it, would make an excellent Christmas present for the grumpy old geezer in your life.
on 5 November 2013
I have purchased this selection of unpublished letters to the editor (Daily Telegraph) every year it has been published and they never fail to amuse and entertain - at first reading and at subsequent dips.
on 30 October 2013
As one has come to expect from this series of books this one is well up to standard. Most of the letters are amusing and well composed but the occasional one warrants a real laugh and one wonders why it never made it to the DT pages live.
on 27 November 2013
Written by the wonderful, laconic British public, such a pleasure to read and often very laugh out loud comments. I have all of the series and will continue to buy as they will always be a joy to read in years to come. Highly Recommended
on 10 December 2013
The previous year's edition came to me as a Christmas gift and I am a fan. This year's was a birthday present, given to me because one of my letters appears. I have bought copies for my nephew and my bro-in-law for that reason. The book is something that I take with me on journeys and visits to doctors' surgeries. My spontaneous outbursts of laughter never fail to raise eyebrows and curious stares -- the funniest book of the year.
on 8 February 2014
The great thing with this collection is every one is unique and contributed by a different writer. There's a splendid variety of thoughts, ideas, humour and subject matter, but most of all, so many will make you laugh or chuckle. A pick me up, put me down kind of book for almost any spare time you have, so perfect to enjoy almost anywhere. I'd be amazed if you're not amused by this collection, even if they didn't quite make it to print.
on 23 November 2013
Good bedside or loo book - dip in whenever but first time you can hardly put it down even if some ( a very few ) of the contributions are not of your ilk. I buy it every year; can't wait to be given it.
on 11 December 2013
I really look forward to the annual Daily Telegraph annual collection of unpublished letters. They get better & better. They just go to prove what a unique sense of humour is to be found amongst the great British public. Despite all the problems that beset us at every turn we can invariably find something amusing to say that puts everything into perspective. Long may they continue.
on 15 December 2014
Another gem to add to my collection. Always buy used copies and to date they have all looked brand new!!! Lovr these small books that fit into pocket or handbag. Highly recommended if you have a sense of humour!!!
on 31 October 2013
This is the fifth book in the series and they continue to amuse me. I keep going back to them and they always put me in a good mood for the rest of the day.