Customer reviews

on 1 October 2017
I've have given this a low rating as I have worked in digital advertsing for 10 years plus and a lot of the pricipals and strategies are quite normal for brands now: this probably had more revolutionary bite about 4-5 years ago. You can pic up a few historical references and a general veiew of what growth hacking is as a concept and rough set of approaches but I didn't find it super valuable and don't think many will who are in the business now.
on 3 September 2017
It's a read made interesting but a bit remote
on 5 October 2017
Amazing
on 1 October 2013
I didn't think it was possible in such a short book for the author to repeat himself so many times.

It's apparently possible for any business to adopt growth hacker tactics: However all the examples were of B2C online traders, mainly of digital products, and even then no real insight. I feel like I've read a book that could have been a 3 minute conversation or a 4 page presentation.
on 4 November 2013
This is one of those (very short) books that, if you don't know much about the subject is a good intro. But if you do, you'll be asking, '"Where's the beef?"

Ryan is a convert to Growth Hacking and explains how it challenges conventional marketing. He briefly introduces the concept and then breaks it down into its component stages.

Again, if you haven't read any of the books in the Lean Startup movement (search for Lean Startup and dig around the tons of resources now online) you might appreciate this chatty and light read.

Unfortunately for me, I wanted a few more tricks, tips and ideas. I wanted more of a 'How To' guide than a 'this is what Growth Hacking means' ebook.

I admit, Ryan doesn't claim that this book is an instruction guide.

Nevertheless, his examples are very obvious and known to many in the marketing/digital marketing world e.g. how Hotmail gained traction by encouraging Word of Mouth.

In conclusion, I'd give this book 3.5 stars if I could.

Buy it if you need the intro level stuff. It will get you on your way. But, even though it's a cheap and quick read, don't expect a huge amount of value in return.
on 13 January 2017
Incredible insight into growth hacking and understanding the opposite of traditional marketing. A must read for aspiring entrepreneurs of today.
on 26 May 2017
If you work in marketing, or run a company, buy this book. That simple.
on 3 November 2016
Overall, this was an interesting read, but I think the author took the easy option of going for the big multinational tech companies as his case studies. I know a big part of his theory is the importance of getting your product to be the best there is. When you have a product like Facebook, developed by a genius like Zukerberg, marketing it somehow becomes easier.

As someone tasked with marketing other peoples products and services, this is not an option for me, so in turn, I don't think the book was best suited for me.
on 17 July 2017
Ok reading. A lot of cliches though.
on 3 May 2017
Good primer. A little light on detail but gets you into the mindset of a growth hacker. For more depth, take a look at Hacking Growth by Sean Ellis