Format: Hardcover|Change

on 9 March 2017
This book is totally brilliant. A must have for supernatural fans
on 20 April 2017
Very pleased with my purchase
on 9 November 2013
this book is everything i expected and more it takes you through the whole story so far with little surprises thown in as well a must for all supernatural followers .....long may the Winchester bros live on
on 30 November 2012
I admit I'm yet to read the book fully from cover to cover, however I've already spotted a couple of typing errors and the postcards/stills/scraps could have been better attached (I've had one fall off already just from turning the page), BUT if you're a fan of the show I'd highly recommend getting a copy of this book. It's full of pictures from the show, interviews (including one with the Ghostfacers), detailed summaries (I know that sounds contradictory) of each season and loads little extras e.g. a car air freshener, maps, a hunters manual (it is tiny), stickers and four posters of the covers of the Carter Edlund books (if you're a fan you will know the books I mean).

The book itself is good quality, it's a good size, the price is reasonable. The cover below the dust-jacket has quite a cool 'olde worlde' look to it. If you're looking for detailed descriptions of every episode you won't find it in here, a fact I was pleasantly surprised by. I had been reluctant to order this book precisely because of that reason - I was concerned it was just an oversized episode guide, but I took a chance and was pleasantly surprised. This book is not a typical companion 'by the numbers' book by any means. I'm a huge fan of the LOTR movies and honestly their movie companions deserved this treatment instead of the cheap paperbacks that were produced.

My only real criticism of the book is that perhaps they should have waited for the series to end before producing it? There again it may be updated and reissued at such time.
on 30 November 2012
This arrived today and i'm not sure what I was expecting but this was more than I could have asked for.

It is sizeable with excellent quality colour photos, something the season companions are lacking. There are season guides, episode list, cast input, behind the scenes a plenty, graphics from episodes and lots of little extras that just make this book superb.

It really is stunning and worth every penny.

Only thing is it does talk about the entire 1-7 seasons generally and only being half way through season 6 I skipped over any spoiler bits as best I could.
on 3 January 2013
This book is a lot of fun, I love all the inserts and bonus items but just one word of warning - DON"T try and pull out the postcards and stuff, whatever they have used to stick them to the pages, it ruins the page underneath if you try and get the cards out thinking to use them.
on 4 December 2013
seriously? THis book is just amazing. I cant stop reading it, touching it, looking at it - take off the cover that means... :D
the introduction by Kripke himself makes you feel really stupidly proud that you bought that book, but you have to smile. the way the book goes deeper into the matter is great, all those 'useless' props added turn out to be quite lovely - but do not take them out, it wont work! It is perfect material to be signed by the actors, hehe...
however, it is very unfortunate that they end after season 7... - but fair enough, why would they include three more not released seasons there, right?
on 18 March 2013
If you like Supernatural you'll love this. It would make a lovely gift for a Supernatural fan. Although it's a bit pricey I think it's worth every penny as it's a well-produced book - just take off the cover and look at the outside - beautiful. It has lots of little extras inside, such as postcards, stickers, posters, etc and I doubt you'll get these if you buy 2nd hand. And as its done by Knight and Kripke you know you're getting the genuine article. Only if you've got all the companions might you think it not worth the money (although the colour pictures and the general information should more than make up for this).
on 21 May 2013
A great looking book, beautifully designed and with interesting tid-bits scattered throughout. I particularly liked the interview with Kripke, it was nice to hear his take of things now that he is no longer the show-runner. There wasn't really anything in here I didn't already know (though a couple of creatures I had forgot, which were described in good level of detail). The pictures, detail of layout, and descriptions were great and made this a satisfying purchase - though, I would also say this is a book written for the fans of the show, not really the casual viewer.
on 18 December 2012
It is a little expensive but when you see the size of the book and the contents it is well worth the money. I absolutely adore this book, it is crammed with information on every season and the characters, the Impala, the guns, every little detail a Supernatural fan should need. It even has some brilliant posters inside and postcard sized pictures of Jensen and Jared that you can pull out but I prefer to keep in as well as stickers and more little accessories that make exploring each page even more exciting. If you're a Supernatural fan this is definitely ESSENTIAL!