on 15 October 2016
Fantastically dense volume. High quality paper and great varied mix of art and illustration. Now own all three volumes!
on 20 December 2015
great work inside a few done by artists i've heard of and some that were new too me who i know follow
on 23 March 2016
Much thinner than i was expecting. Good quality paper used. Felt a bit lacking in content.
on 6 January 2016
Exactly as described and fast delivery
on 8 January 2015
Glad to have this in my collection. If you love mechs you need this book and you won't be disappointed. Loads of different styles, something for everyone.
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 16 September 2012
 Nuthin' But Mech is the book from the blog of the same title. The blog was founded by Lorin Wood and has been updated regularly by a group of talented artists, of which 31 are featured here.

This 128-page paperback features a nice variety of mech designs. Many are weapon equipped mechs but there are also those for utility purposes, some animal inspired designs and two that actually play basketball. These are all original concepts from the artists. As with mech designs, there are lots of details to see.

The art is top notch. Only a handful of pages are devoted to 3D models and renders. The rest are painted, some with sketches.

The book mentioned that this is the first installment so there's more to come.

Highly recommended to those who like robots and mech designs.

(There are more pictures of the book on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for the link.)
7 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2014
As an artist myself, I got this book so I could gain inspiration from artists far better than me.

Sadly I found a lot of the art in this book quite amateurish and un-inspirational. A lot of it I could do better myself, which kind of defeats the object for me.

I also got the impression that some of the works in this book were just bits and pieces the artist had lying around - they looked incomplete.

A very poor book.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 7 February 2013
It arrived today I was expecting this book to be really good but I was quite disappointed with the amateur work in this book
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 February 2016
Brilliant design idea's and artwork. Spot on for what I required.