Customer reviews

on 6 November 2012
If you havent read the original comics, I advise you to do so... Im really missing the beautiful collor drawings in this release.
on 1 November 2012
I thought the annotated Sandman would be a perfect way to get my hands on all those Sandman episodes I had missed. So how did that work out for me?

Well, the stories are just fine. It's Gaiman after all. And the drawing, also, is fine. As to the annotations, they are fine as well. But there is no color!

I can't imagine the reasoning behind this. Price, maybe? More grown-up look, supposedly? Obviously, someone must have thought that printing Sandman without color really wouldn't take anything of any greater value away. One word comes to mind: moron.

I've read enough Sandman to know the coloring is an important part of the experience. I will not be buying any more of the annotated books.

This is how I now get my dose of the Sandman: on my iPad, by Kindle. In spite of the smaller format, I feel I'm not missing out, not enough to bother me.