Customer reviews

The School Spelling Dictionary
Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 April 2017
A brilliant idea : a dictionary that provides phonetic spellings so that those who find spelling challenging actually have some hope of finding the word/s they need. Great for anyone who finds spelling difficult, not just those with dyslexia.
on 26 December 2012
It is as described, however I expected more. I bought this book for a child aged 9 who is dyslexic. Each word we tried we could not find (tried only about five before giving up) and only a small percentage of the words in the book are spelt phonetically. As it has no definitions and very few of the words we were looking for i found it to be of little use. so it was returned.
4 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2018
Bought this item for my granddaughter who said it was useful but still needed her other standard dictionaries.
on 31 July 2014
For finally making a dictionary where my daughter can at least START to look at the correct spellings for words. With phonics knowledge not quite where it should be this dictionary has been great for her to see that whilst HER spelling is incorrect is does kind of make sense how she got there so to find HER word in red and see the CORRECT spelling alongside it is great! Doesn't cover every eventuality but what would?? Much better than the spelling dictionary used in her primary school-already recommended to a friend :-)
One person found this helpful
on 13 December 2016
This has become my son's go to book. Really excellent aid to help combat the confusion of spelling.. Reads phonically and then gives the correct spelling afterwards.
on 24 June 2013
now this is an excellent dictionary that tries to help those children who have been unfortunate to be taught phonetically.
The dictionary is easy to use & incorrect spellings are shown in red. This has helped to bring my sons spelling age up two years in a few months.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 April 2018
Brilliant really does help
on 24 May 2014
Recommended by my dyslexic daughter's school. She finds it very helpful when doing her homework and I am glad I bought it for her. She has always found it very difficult to use a dictionary but is having a lot of success with this one.
One person found this helpful
on 30 October 2016
Excellent product at a great price. It would help any child going to school by clarifying the difference between how words sound and how works are spelt
on 11 November 2017