on 19 February 2018
This is about the "Little Gems" edition. These books are small in size, and short. This is a good thing - it will encourage reluctant readers. They don't see a huge challenge. They get a fun book that they can tackle. The text is printed in a nice clear font, with single-story letters. The text is in almost black on an off-white page. This means there's a good contrast. Not too much, not too little.

The illustrations are lovely. Every page is illustrated.

And the story itself is also really nice. My child enjoyed this book, and I'm going to buy a bunch of other books from this auther and from the Little Gems editions.
on 24 March 2013
Suitable for a young reader, quite funny storyline, frequent and interesting illustrations- read it to my 6 year old son who enjoyed it, and I will be getting him to read it back to me soon. It was shorter than I expected- only 2 bedtimes worth, but then if you were wanting a young child to read it you don't want it to be over long and thus daunting.
on 5 December 2012
I bought this book for my just turned 7yr old who has Dyslexia. She loves it and is reading it on her own. I particularly like the additional jokes in the inside cover. The layout is not too busy, but it still looks like a proper chapter book.
on 18 January 2015
bought it for the Julia collection,,,random size in comparison to all the other paperback books,,,but usual good read for one of her stories at bedtime.
on 22 June 2015
My son loves this book. It kept him interested all the way through.
on 1 January 2014
I found this book quite enchanting but a little too old for my grandaughter who normally loves Julia Donaldson books.
on 29 August 2016
I love love love this book - I've read it with so many children across my nannying, tutoring and primary teaching. A great short chapter book with an interesting story line! Super!
on 15 December 2014
Bought as a gift and we love reading it together
on 13 January 2015
Another good bedtime read for youngsters
on 16 December 2015