Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 March 2013
If you are new to Paganism and unsure of your path then this is a very good starter book that gives a lot of information in a simple and direct way.

Rachel has set out a personal, seasonal way to live a pagan lifestyle that is useful to beginners, wherever they live, that is informative without being stuffy and set out in a direct and easy to use way.

All the basics are here for you to build on, with an overview of festivals, moon workings, the elements, energy work and magic. She gives recipes, spells and meditations that are simple but effective ways of getting you started and able to create your magical home and life.
on 7 March 2013
This book is like a breath of fresh air. It is written in a style that is both friendly and accessible is crammed full of information. I think it is a great introduction to Kitchen Witchcraft and also a useful reference book for the more experienced. It is so affordable that I have a print copy and one for my kindle, so I can have it with me to refer to wherever I am.
on 21 March 2013
This is a lovely little book which I purchased as kindle edition, but I am now considering buying it as paperback as well having to fill it with many page markers. It is full of information that covers my favourite direction: Simplicity. No pomp, no finger held high, no preaching ... It is simple, accessible and easily integrated into daily life to make it more magical. I can't wait to read more by the author.
on 28 February 2013
Kitchen Witchcraft is a lovely little introduction to this area.

It covers the basics, such as cleansing a space; moon phases and energies; cycles of the year; and the elements and their correspondences. Many on pagan paths will be familiar with these ideas but since these correspondences vary and the aspects of an element which are significant in other paths may also differ it's always useful to have it included, even if some of it is already familiar, otherwise inaccurate assumptions could happen. It also means it's fully equipped as an introductory text on the subject.

I saw some reviews of this book mentioning recipes and I have to confess I was rather expecting some recipes for food with magical intention. Therefore I think I should mention, to save others from the disappointment, that most of the recipes referred to are what many of us would think of as spells, or recipes for incenses or herb baths rather than recipes for meals; though that said it wouldn't take much to apply the principles and ideas contained in the book to your normal cooking to create your own magical meals.

There are a generous number of these recipes, along with meditations to practice and other Kitchen Witchcraft advise.

It reads easily and smoothly and leaves the reader with a fairly clear insight into the authors practices and ideas.

All in all a worthwhile read, which lays out the basics of Kitchen Witchcraft clearly and offers a great range of things for the reader to get on with trying.

And of course the extra bonus, that it's printed on lovely soft paper like so many of the moonbooks titles are.

If you're curious about this area, then this book will answer your questions and give you enough information to go crack on with your own kitchen witchcraft.

I would also mention that although I am a pagan myself I have not, as some reviewers have, ever knowingly come across Rachel or her Kitchen Witchcraft before.
on 10 April 2013
Has a complete novice I found this book very informative , inspiring and simple to follow. Written like you are sitting down with a friend. Rachel proves that you can make use of the simplest of objects to transform your kitchen into a magical environment. I had know idea that the simplest of objects rattling around in my cupboard could be do useful for more than just baking . Now planning my first spell x
on 21 February 2013
I am actually good friends with Rachel and work alongside her at Kitchen Witch school. But while you may think that would make me biased, I think that would make me her biggest critic.

Reading the book is honestly how she would talk to you over a cup of peppermint tea and a slice of cake. The book is down to earth, uncomplicated and in all honesty a breath of fresh compared to other witchcraft books.

I really wish there was something like this when I first began my journey into witchcraft. A lot of the books around then tended to preach and tell you the way it should be rather than gently guiding you and giving you ideas as Rachel does in this book.

I also like the simplicity too. You don't need to rush out and buy expensive herbs (which you will probably never use) and all the sparkly tools. You can use whatever is to hand. This makes witchcraft accessible to everyone.

Kitchen Witchcraft will not only teach you the foundations of the craft but will also teach you to trust your intuition because after all that's what being a witch us all about.
on 23 May 2013
Brilliant, easily explained kitchen witchcraft with many things that are already in our cupboards. Candle spells, herbs, magic, and soooo much more. Brilliant short read.
on 21 June 2013
This book has some great ideas in it. It got me up painting my kitchen and looking for a place to put a little altar, something i'd never thought of before. My kitchen was a little neglected but not any more thanks to this book. I love it.
on 13 August 2014
Purchased this alongside moon magic. I had not considered kitchen witch work at all but feel inspired to sort my kitchen out completely as it is old and messy. I love this author a great deal. Highly recommended.
on 9 September 2014
I enjoyed the book, but I thought it could do with some more information specifically about KITCHEN witchcraft, especially given the title of the book. It started off quite promising for the first quarter, but then turned into a fairly basic guide to witchcraft in general, which for anyone who knows anything about witchcraft is all well known, and for anyone who doesn't know about witchcraft is too brief.
There were several intriguing references earlier in the book which didn't have any follow on (for instance, she refers to keeping powdered eggshells in her cupboard, but doesn't make any mention of what they are for), leaving me feeling it was too much a basic introduction and not a detailed book about kitchen witchcraft.