Customer reviews

52 Weekend Digital Photo Projects
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 September 2013
I first saw this book in an high-end department store and didn't buy it, a decision I regretted later. After searching for the book on amazon and finding it at this price I immediately ordered it. This book not only targets the beginner but also the more experienced photographer. I would challenge anybody not to learn something from this book. If you are considering taking up photography and joining the digital explosion this book is for you. No, I don't have shares in the book, I just think it has been very thoughtfully constructed for all levels of photographics ability.
15 people found this helpful
on 10 November 2016
This book is thought-provoking and interesting and will provide hours of entertainment and learning. The projects are explained in detail with lots of pictures and clear, concise instructions on how to achieve the effects you're aiming for; the modus operandi seems to be mainly based on a Nikon although some of the detail shows a Canon in the photos. I'm a Canon user but have recently acquired a second-hand Nikon so it will be ideal for me to learn how to use the latter. If you're not a Nikon user, have your camera manual handy if you don't fully know your way round your camera although there is a section at the back of the book that deals with the main points.

Not a book for a total beginner but if, like me, you more or less know the basics, want to go further but are not quite sure how to, I would thoroughly recommend this book.
on 28 December 2017
I got this as a Christmas gift for my father-in-law who is a photographer and likes to experiment with different angles, settings, etc. He loved it, so I'll take his word for it that it's a good book. However, the condition it arrived in was appalling. The corner was bent and the top of the book had been ripped and then just covered back over with the plastic cover. I couldn't gift it in that condition so had to buy another one and am now in the process of returning the first copy that arrived.
review imagereview image
on 3 January 2014
This is a good book to stimulate photographic ideas. Many of the projects require Software however e.g. Photoshop Elements etc.., so if you don't use the software described for the projects you will need to buy some. Other project which don't require software are of course no problem but I reckon that is only about 25% of the 52 projects included.
8 people found this helpful
on 17 April 2017
Far too many Photoshop projects. Good if you use Photoshop but not for me. Was hoping for manual use photography that I could improve on without using editing after the shot. (Makes me work all the harder to get it right first time)
2 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2015
Bought this as it seemed "a good idea at the time". Unfortunately not many of the projects are suitable for my particular type of photography, but it is well written and beautifully illustrated and I will no doubt be dipping into it again once the dark days of winter return.
on 10 December 2016
Just like its parent magazine this digital photo production explains and illustrates well its projects. Some very neat ideas are offered. Suitable especially for beginner and intermediate photographers.
on 20 July 2017
Good book to give you ideas of what to photograph if your out of ideas
on 11 November 2017
Fully met expectations. Bought as 'used', but in almost 'new' condition. Good range of projects. Relies on 'post camera' Photoshop manipulation a little too much.
on 5 February 2015
An excellent book, just the sort of thing to re-ignite your passion for photography, also full of good tips to help you with the suggested projects.