Customer reviews

on 23 January 2016
Fabulous book. Really good quality all round production covering Bowie's life from birth through to the mid 2000's. Full of great full colour pictures, so many of which I haven't seen before, and I've been following Mr B's career since 1972 (I particularly like the picture of him in his school soccer team). Besides the great pictures the other unique and appealing aspect of this book are the many removable facsimile concert tickets, flyers and posters which are held in wallet type pockets scattered throughout the book. OK they're not originals but they are well printed on good quality paper. The text includes little that's not already well documented, but that's not the point of this book. Its all about the memory of the man and his music in pictures.
on 22 January 2016
As a Bowie fan for almost 40 years I've seen a huge variety of Bowie books. I ordered this one recently to add to my collection. It arrived today and just WOW!
Amazing quality in a beautiful presentation box. As the name suggests it really is Bowie treasures. It's not just a selection of photos (some of which I haven't seen before) but nestling within the book are also posters and copies of ticket stubs and other printed goodies, creativity and thoughtfully integrated. I only wish the book had more pages BUT for the price I paid of £15.19 plus delivery it is an absolute steal. Any Bowie fan would love this it's just incredibly well done!
on 26 July 2017
being a big bowie fan this book is a must you will love it very highly recommeded
on 27 April 2017
What a fantastic book, literally FULL of treasures!
on 12 August 2017
Amazing book really worth buying for my husbands collection
on 21 August 2013
What can I say? It is pure class. This is not a book by any normal standards, it is more like a scrapbook of memories. Essentially, it is a box set containing a book which is very lavishly printed on high quality paper chronicling each album plus posters and rare archive documents of tours etc. And here's what made it for me - seeing replica ticket stubs and programme extracts from the various tours which I have seen over the years. Very tactile and absolutely engaging that you just want to pick it up again and again to read the bits you missed before. It is a complete history of David's life and works but what really makes this book stand out for me are the additional inserts containing all the extras. If you are a true Bowie fan, you will not be disappointed. Buy it!!!
VINE VOICEon 24 January 2016
If I could give it six stars I would.... Lovely pictures.. so many of which are original or very rarely seen. The layout is just great. Not the thickest book around but the quality is absolutely superb throughout. I particularly love the copies of posters and ticket stubs, etc. which are unavailable elsewhere. One of the best Bowie books I own.
on 16 September 2016
No-one in the history of modern music has been as influential and consistently brilliant as David Bowie. A big statement: some may argue that a certain band (The Beatles) were more influential, and I wouldn't argue- but their light shone for just a few years, and the individual members were never as brilliant as the group. Bowie was an individual who entranced us for 4 decades, he was mostly very very good, and often jaw droppingly brilliant. From the opening line, sang oh-so matter of factly: "Ground Control to Major Tom......" to the still-painful-to-listen to "Look up here, I'm in heaven" Bowie wrote, sang and danced into our lives. His, untimely, death shocked the world - not just the music world.

This book is a fitting tribute. Please note: don't buy the Kindle version, it would be a waste of money, this is a picture book, its worth is in the collection of photographs, from his school days on, and the fascinating pull-outs, the ticket stubs and flyers. The book is written in strict chronological order - which makes it a very easy read, and the album listing and details worthwhile - but don't expect too much from the writing, which, in my opinion is rather grandiose and self-opinionated (for instance Hunky Dory is virtually dismissed as lightweight, and the song which, last year, was voted in a music magazine his best, and - if you go to see his one-man show - is regarded, by Rick Wakeman, as the best pop song ever written: "Life On Mars?" doesn't even get a mention. Really?). There are no great insights here, nothing a Bowie fan wouldn't already know - if you're looking for a great read - then I would point you in the direction of "The Age of Bowie" which goes much deeper into the subject.

This is a picture book: the vast majority of the photos have appeared elsewhere, but here they are well presented in one book. I would say a 'must' for Bowie fans - Christmas is coming, what a present!
on 1 December 2014
Bought this for my mum who is a massive David Bowie fan, she absolutely loved it. Good quality, makes a fantastic gift.
on 2 November 2016
Excellent buy. Arrived early, well packaged and the book is presented beautifully in its own box. It is more of a 'celebration of the man and his history than an autobiography and has wallets with copies of tickets,flyers and posters.. I bought it as a gift and will happily buy more..