Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 17 November 2016
I bought this book for my son, who is an Aerospace Engineering graduate and a big Tim Peake fan. I have the hard cover copy of the book and the printing on the cover is excellent and vibrant. The book measures 23,5cm x 23.5cm x 2cm.

This is astronaut Tim Peake's first book. The book is full of beautiful photographs in full colour and the introduction 4 pages long. From the ISS he can see over 1000 km in any direction and his explanation of passing over the French Alps he could see a view stretching from Greece to the UK with just a turn of the head makes you realise just how amazing his journey must have been. He references the camera (Nikon D4) that he used and goes into detail about that.

The back of the book has an entire page with reference to each location of the photograph. This book is ideal for anyone who loves space and especially great to show children and use this book in schools.

The ISS is packed with cutting edge technology including wi-fi and the internet connection to Earth via a satellite (it was very slow).

The book outlines his mission with a sketch covering two pages in the book, from 15 December 2015 (launch day) right through to the 18th June 2016 when he eventually gets back home.

The photographs are breathtaking and the text for each page is roughly 4 lines with many pages referencing many interesting facts about the locations. For example, Emi Koussi volcano which is at the top of one of the pictures, the highest mountain in the Sahara, and the 345 million year old Aorounga impact crater in Chad (bottom of the picture). There is a short description of the picture/photograph and then a small picture showing the location on a map.

I am so happy I bought it and hope my son is going to love it too.

I have added photographs.
11 Comment| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2016
I read this in one go. I was in awe of the photographs showing our planet from a perspective I'll never see for myself. Tim explained in layman's terms what was happening and I found it really fascinating.
on 17 November 2016
Absolutely beautiful coffee table book with wonderful photos. Great for the price. Excellent Christmas present or birthday idea
on 31 December 2016
Bought this for 2 best friends for Christmas. Was so impressed that I bought a third for myself.
Shouldn't have expected any less though - he served in my regiment in the Army, so Tim's usual top-notch approach to everything he sets his mind to.
A very worthy recipient of the gift of going into space & an all-round good human being.
Book's FULL of astounding photos from the ISS.
on 18 November 2016
WOW!! Fantastic images, I love the fact it isn't a wordy book. I could spend ages just examining the pictures.
on 17 November 2016
Received this book today and what can I say - the photo's are amazing! Very helpful little map on each page with a spot to mark the area that the

What can I say - absolutely amazing photo's of Earth taken by Tim Peake.
on 9 January 2017
This is a stunning book. The detail that can be seen in the photography is great and as someone who loves maps it is really interesting to see the geography shown in the photos. I especially like the one of Italy at night where the lights outline the shape of the country.

The book gives a little bit of explanation of Tim’s time in space and so this book would also be of interest to anyone who likes space.

I also really like that he is donating his proceeds from the book to the Princes Trust – he is not just trying to profit from his new found fame.
on 17 November 2016
Love this book, so pleased we bought it as a family treat. The pictures are amazing, my 5 year old was mesmerised and really interested in all of the writing and pictures and now wants to be an Astronaut. Thank you Tim :)
on 24 January 2017
Bought this for my son as a Christmas present and he loved it. It is full of great pictures of this mans amazing journey he undertook. If you are interested in Tim Peake's adventure you will love this book. Not a bad price either I thought as quite often a book that comes out about this type of subject is usually way too much for the average mans pocket!
on 7 January 2017
This collection of photographs from space with accompanying comments is fascinating to dip into, and to encourage youngsters to think about the world from a different perspective. My grandchildren all picked it up for a few minutes at a time over Christmas and asked questions about the pictures. It sparked wider conversations about space, astronauts, and then science in general.