on 24 April 2017
This is a thoroughly well written story. Emotive and enthralling.
I liked that each of the characters had their own stories to tell and their own personal baggage plus they were likeable and relatable.
Well worth a read
on 21 June 2017
Repetitive, ponderous, with quasi-psychology (and just hard work). No tension or narrative pull. Dubious characterisation, with wooden cardboard-cut-outs instead of attempts at realism. Very surprised the author actually found a publisher, indeed.

Sorry but you wanted comments.
on 11 June 2017
Absolutely fantastic read. Couldn't put it down.
on 20 August 2017
Good Read
on 1 February 2015
this book is gripping from the start, a real page turner. I thoroughly enjoyed it & would highly recommend it.
on 19 April 2014
'falling' is brilliant - from the reviews, I thought it would be good but it really blew me away. I couldn't stop reading from the first chapter, but it didn't ram the suspense into the reader, it was subtle and clever and just wonderful. An author to watch, no doubt.
on 3 July 2014
Worth a quick read maybe but there isn't really a lot to this book if i'm being honest. And some unexplained/unresolved stuff.
on 21 July 2014
This was really interesting the way all the characters become intertwined. Good read that kept me interested until the end.
on 18 January 2015
A very good read. A story with many twists and turns which made you want to read on. I recommend this book.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 March 2014
First of all thank you kindly to Random House, Emma Kavanagh and Netgalley for the review copy.

A plane falls out of the sky. A woman is murdered. Four people all have something to hide.

Right I could probably write a whole book myself about how much I loved this one but I will try to keep to the salient points..and avoid spoiling what is a wonderful, multi-layered character driven story that needs to come with a sleep deprivation warning….in the best possible way.

It has been tagged as a psychological thriller and it is that yes, but I hope that this will not put people off who don’t tend to read that type of novel – because when I say this is multi layered I mean exactly that. Yes there is a murder – and yes you will want to know who and why and all the usual things you want to know when reading a crime or thriller tale, but as you head into the novel you will discover that at its heart are people. Humans. Fallible, emotional, occasionally annoying people..who make right decisions, wrong decisions, get caught up in life events beyond their control and deal with it in oh so many different ways. Just like the rest of us..

Told from various points of view, chapter by chapter, we follow the aftermath of a plane crash alongside the aftermath of a murder. Falling is a perfect title and a theme throughout the story – in the literal sense of falling from the sky and the more metaphorical sense of falling through life. Poetic prose and a compelling flow to the narrative makes this hard to put down and leave for a while…I managed but only just.

Usually I might give a run down of some of the characters at this point of a review but in this case discovery is key to the reading experience – therefore I give you one. The one that touched my reading heart. Cecilia, wife, mother, torn between wanting and needing things she cannot clarify resonated with me for very personal reasons. And surrounding her are many others with just as much heart and soul…you will find someone there for you without a doubt.

The various strands of the story are brought together in an adept and fascinating way to give us the ultimate conclusion – and this is one of those books where you will wonder for a long time afterwards what may have happened to these characters next. I imagine them out there…somewhere…

The last time I felt this way about a debut novel was when I read Elizabeth Haynes “Into the Darkest Corner” – that feeling that tells you another author has come to the fore that is going to ultimately offer you many long and happy hours living another life in another story…