on 14 October 2013
I couldn't wait to read this book as I have been such a big fan of David Jason for many years. His longevity in the business is testament to the fact that this man gives everything to his various roles and this also comes across in the book. It is a very enjoyable and satisfying read and I found out things that no interview has ever covered. It is such a warm and good humoured book. He comes across as a really humble and "ordinary" guy but has so many interesting and funny stories to tell. Could highly recommend this fantastic auto-biography.
0Comment| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2017
I'm old enough to have been a rapt watcher of Do Not Adjust Your Set as a kid so got to know the name David Jason from then, watching him reappear in later years to become perhaps the biggest UK TV 'star'. There are no great revelations or surprises in his story but he does have a very light readable style, often very funny. It seems unlikely that an actor can become famous without being made cynical by conflicts and confrontations but DJ seems to have managed to stay 'grounded', as they say, pushing on through the inevitable setbacks and turmoils while still seeming the sort if bloke who would be a right laugh down the pub. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
on 28 June 2017
Nicely paced book.
Reading between the lines Mr Jason knows when to let others know he's the star,and when to hold back the ego.
There are a lot of "I didn't know he was in that" moments.
Very pleasant,insightful read.
I'm glad it's ended happily for Mr Jason,after losing his long time partner.
on 20 June 2017
A really good read read, that makes you feel happy at times and sad at others, David has led such an interesting and chaotic life full have ups and downs but mainly ups.
on 13 June 2014
I purchased this book for my husband months ago -- being a fan of 'Del Boy' I expected him to jump on it , start reading and not put it down until it was finished. I am at a loss to know what happened ! The book mark is still in between pages 20 and 21 !

In the meantime ,I have read it , laughed out loud , and thoroughly enjoyed it . A must for any Del Boy fan ----

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE !
on 10 November 2013
I love David Jason and reading about his life is truly fascinating.

It is so well written and is very funny and witty throughout. I love that you can laugh reading this book through funny times in his life and also the witty jokes he makes through it.

Its an insight into his very private life and I was gripped from the start.

I couldn't put it down and finished it in a few days.

Very highly recommended.
on 14 November 2013
Been a fan of DJ for years since Open All Hours and he is one of those rare actors who you can nor realise is the same person who played a previous part in a different context. The book is entertaining, captivating and a really good read which I kept finding in my hands before I realised I had picked it up again to continue reading.
on 17 July 2017
What an interesting and full life he has lead. We only see the tip of the iceberg on TV. There is so much more to the man. Really enjoyed this book.
on 9 November 2013
I don't read many autobiographies, but as I loved 'Only fools and horses' and 'Frost', I couldn't resist. I'm glad I did as I my imagination could hear David Jason talking. It is funny and download to earth, in places he seems to be talking to you directly and throughout he comes across as a lovable person who helped others, just liked he had help from others.
Well written.
on 5 April 2014
I grew up in the 90s watching Sir David in OFAH and then later as Pop Larkin and DI Frost. I have always loved everything that I have seen him in. He is a wonderful man and I was really grateful to him that he shared his life we with us considering what a private man he is. I would recommend this book to any Sir David Jason fan. A really great read about a genuinely funny, loving caring man.