Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now

Ultimatum: (Tina Boyd 6)
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 April 2013
Yet another great book............. I tried to take my time reading it as this is the last book of Kernick's that I have to read......I'm gutted to have caught up with all his books. I'll be waiting for his next book.
He's my favourite author by far, no other author comes close for my liking. I'm hoping I might stumble across someone else that can come close sometime but not holding my breath.
As always, Ultimatum was the usual fast moving storyline that Kernick favours and just so exciting. A few twists in this book that were unexpected, I have to say with the door firmly left open for a follow up on this story and I'm sure I could see another follow up book to come using the lovely character of Nicholas Tyndall to come sometime too, in fact, he seems a wonderful character to bring to life more and more in future. I am beginning to wonder how long it will be before Tina Boyd finally bites the dust, I genuinley think there's only so long she can go on with the cavalier attitude to policing that she tends to have and having been shot a few times, it's only a matter of time before a bullet has her name on it and she doesn't pull through but who knows, perhaps she'll get softer and more thoughtful in years to come and start to value her life more.
on 22 July 2013
I am a fan of Simon Kernick's style of writing and this did not disappoint! I like the fact that his books tend to be over a short timespan and are full of action. It did help that I had read the previous book which was referenced in regard to the main characters although it should stand OK in its own right. I read to be entertained and not for factual accuracy, and this certainly entertained me -believable characters with a reasonable plot based on current realities. I like that it switches from scene to scene or character to character with each chapter, and also the use of first and third person dialogue is done well. Can't give it 5 stars because it was very good but not great!
on 17 August 2014
I received this book via netgallery in return for an honest review of this Simon Kernick novel "Ultimatum". I have to admit that I am already a fan of Simon Kernick's books so this was a pleasure to review. The novel is fast paced with plenty of action and well developed characters that come to life in his books. This is typical of Simon Kernick's work and if you like this book you are sure to like his other work which is equally high in quality and enjoyment. The novel contains a few of his trusted characters from previous novels and this just adds to the enjoyment.
on 16 January 2018
Simon Kernick has to be, in my mind, the best crime writer ever. This tale is yet another classic action packed thriller. Moving at a heart stopping pace it is probably Tina Boyds best and hardest hitting case. Give it read I promise it will not disappoint.
on 31 March 2013
I am a massive Simon Kernick fan and I have to say that this was a slight disappointment I stress the word slight. Perhaps some of this is because with his previous books he has set the bar so high it makes it harder to reach. It passed the page turning test as you just want to keep on reading, the plot was a bit one dimensional for me and I just found the appearance of Tina Boyd (a previously used Kernick character) and her escapades in this stretching the realms of reality a bit too far for me. It was good but he has written a lot better.
on 19 March 2018
Another Simon Kernick classic. From the first page to the last it was very exciting. I couldn't put it down!
on 6 December 2015
Love Simon Kerrick books. I love the writing style, the stories are fast moving and intricate. I am never able to guess the who or the why. His books are always such page turnners . Do not start before bed you will not want to put down to get any sleep.
on 25 April 2013
This picks up from the previous novel Siege, which was set in London the Stanhope Hotel involving Middle East and home grown terrorists. If you previously read and loved the Siege this doesn't disappoint as the story ebbs and flows with great plots and some cruel/twisted characters who are out to unsettle the London population in order for self and political gain. I loved the Shard Skyscraper being intricately used in the plot which adds great spice to the storyline. If you are seeking a high adrenalin, perverted plot, and kept guessing as the story unfolds, then I highly recommend the ultimatum. The door is also left ajar for another follow up.... well done Simon keep up the good work.
on 11 March 2013
Great book - good read but not a patch on Siege - the story follows on from Siege but can be read as a completely stand alone
The booked (for me) suffered by reaching it's climax a little too early and as such you got to a stage when you really did not care what happened next.Whilst I love Tina Boyd I felt as if she was the only person who could do anything in the book and the other characters were just there as padding - very much like an american series when only the leads are allowed to do anything
Still will always recommend ANYTHING by Mr Kernick as a very good read. So read this but also search out his earlier stuff to read as well
on 27 July 2016
Takes you on a thriller of a ride from beginning to end. No holes just pure entertainment so vivid it's like watching this story unfold as a film before your eyes. This author never disappoints