Format: Hardcover|Change

on 15 December 2013
To James Patterson.
How could you write this with no ending. Is it just to sell the next book. I am so annoyed.
The beauty of a book is getting to the end.
When will it be published?
on 8 January 2014
I have read all of James Patterson's Alex Cross books, but this, quite frankly, defies belief. There is simply no ending. It's not a cliffhanger - it just doesn't end. If this book had been written by an unknown writer it would have never seen the light of day and that is the acid test. If it does not stand up as an excellent read without a famous author then it shouldn't be published. Mr Patterson you have sold out and cheated your readers. Shame on you.
on 19 November 2013
I used to love reading James Patterson books.
They used to have an ending,now just episodes.
NOT IMPRESSED
NO LONGER THE FAN I WAS
on 24 November 2013
Enjoyed the book but disappointed that it finished without a proper ending.
Means you have to wait for next installment.
on 4 January 2014
What a disappointing end, absolutely amazed at the dreadful ending. I have read all of the cross books and the majority of his other books which I have stopped buying as Patterson has gone from quality to quantity. Have decided that this will be the last cross book that I buy, I do not like being manipulated into buying the next cross book because cross my heart did not have a finish in the true sence but seems to end three quarters of the way through. Shame on you james paterson
on 5 December 2013
Disappointed in two parts! You have to wait til next year to find out the ending. Wouldn't have bought it til part two was out. Story not as good as it should have been.
on 16 December 2013
Same story line for Alex cross, bad guy watches him threatens family only difference this time is have to buy another book to finish the story that we have already paid for. Not going to waste my money again.rich
on 5 January 2014
The book simply stops "mid story" and the reader is presumably supposed to buy the next book to see what happens. It should be made clear to purchasers that this is only part 1 of an ongoing story before they waste their time and money.
on 9 March 2014
Having read every book written by the author and enjoyed them all to varying degrees I was angered when I came to the final page of this book to discover no ending whatsoever. Mr Patterson has let not only his followers down he has gone down in my estimation having tried to ensure future sales by creating a follow on to this story. I received the book in hard back as a xmas present from my daughter and feel she wasted her hard earned savings on this. May not purchase anything further produced by Mr Patterson
I think the Alex Cross series is certainly one of my guilty reading pleasures. It's one of those series that you just can't help but like, and always ready for the next book.
​It's been a while since I read them, as I have had so so many books to read and enjoy that I had to give myself a little talking to and get back to them. I'm glad I did I remembered just how much I really do enjoy this series, in fact I'm the same with JP's other series to. I love the Women's Murder Club, and the Michael Bennett books.
​But I have to say this is one of the best I've read for a long time. Towards the end of this book, I started talking to it, getting annoyed getting upset, wanting the Characters to hear what I was saying.
​There are certainly a few hold your breath moments, and I think this has to be one of Alex Cross biggest challenges yet.

​I've seen quite a lot of one star reviews for this book, where people seem upset or disappointed on the way the book end's. As you need the next book to carry it on. But isn't that the idea with a series of books. That you want and can't wait for the next one, to find out what has happened.