Customer reviews

on 15 February 2013
A beautiful book, superb pictures, well bound and finished. Exceedingly informative, though as I am not an expert I cannot comment on it's accuracy. The Book has a list price of £25, Amazon sold it at a little less. The high street bookseller AKA Sainsbury's has for £9.99, yes £9.99. At the price you buy more than one copy. It is a marvellous book to read, own, browse or put it on your coffee table.
on 5 April 2013
I really enjoyed the programmes so knew I wanted a record of them that I could dip into.
No one else can compete with David Attenborough in explaining wild life today. His contribution was one of the main reasons that the programmes and the book is so successful. The photography is amazing.
I would recommend this book to anyone interested in wildlife or who travels abroad especially to Africa.
on 12 February 2013
This is a very attractive and informative book to compliment the BBC recent series of "Africa". Ideal to sit on the coffee table and read at your leisure. It is the type of book that can be used as reference as well as entertaining. Even my 5 year old grandson loves it. The book displays wonderful photographs and a very good price. I highly recommend it.
on 2 March 2013
This treatise on African wildlife and the way that human beings interact with nature, fills me with hope and enthusiasm. There are ways in which human beings can co-exist with other parts of nature. The photography is stunning as ever, the stories are moving, and facts and figures really build the picture. Well done publishers!
on 23 March 2013
I bought this for my Love Interest as we thoroughly enjoyed the series. The main reason for buying this were for the photo's and I was not disappointed. Excellent value for money at £10.00 and I would highly recommend to anyone with interest in Africa (obviously) and beautiful photography
on 15 May 2013
What can I say about this book. I lived in Central Africa for nearly 50 years and had visited lots of the areas that this book details.
Realey great to read and look at the photos. I love Africa and so many things come back to you when you read this type of book.
on 10 March 2013
this book is amazing filled with loads of facts and the pictures are fantastic. the only this is the special pages that work with a phone app we have tryed 4 difrent phones and still cant get it to work properly but that aside this is the best book i have ever bought
on 11 April 2013
Wow! I don't have a TV so did not see the series but the book is brilliant (even black & white Kindle style) and full of information that you might not otherwise discover. Was easy to read and I would recommend to anyone remotely interested in wildlife.
on 13 April 2013
I bought this book as a gift for someone dear. She had missed most of the series on tv, so I hoped this book would make up for that. And indeed it does! It is full of beautiful pictures and descriptions of each episode. She is delighted with it, as am I.
on 12 February 2013
This really is the book of the Attenborough series. Only slight catch is that the extra Quercus Eye function doesn't work with my iPad1 (no camera) and my smartphone (version before it would work). Hi ho, but that isn't a fault with the book ;-)