TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 September 2017
An absolute steal at this price. I bought as I gift for my uncle who loves this kind of book..it will keep him out of mischief for a little while 😁. It's a lovely book with lots of beautiful photography and very interesting facts to keep anyone enthralled whether they are young or old..veey tempted to buy one for myself 😉
on 13 January 2015
What a fantastic book! I'm so glad I picked it out! This book deserves 5 stars and more! Easy to read, easy to follow, a wealth of knowledge to be had, and some magnificent close up colour photographs too!! If anyone wants to know about Britain's wildlife throughout the seasons - I thoroughly recommend this book! Thank you so much BBC and everyone involved in the making of it!! Absolutely fascinating!! I simply cannot give enough praise for this book! I look forward to watching the television series - if I haven't already missed it! Very well done to all concerned in the making of this book, and the TV series too!! Excellent!!
2 people found this helpful
on 5 August 2016
A little disappointed but probably my fault. i had thought the book would be more of a guide to where to see Britain's wildlife according the the time of year. It is basically a photo book, packed with beautiful photos but very little information about where is the best place to see anything. One page at the back lists 20 locations only.
on 6 July 2016
What an amazing book, if I could give it 100 stars I would. It is very thick and is packed full of amazing photographs and information. I bought it to use the photographs for practise in painting British wildlife but this book gives you so much more, it is truly superb and great value for such a heavy tomb.
on 20 February 2014
This book arrived promptly and was well packaged. It's full of beautiful full page wildlife photos with very interesting and informative text about the animals or birds highlighted. Each season is delightfully captured and there's a section describing how the wildlife photographers and other professionals overcame the weather and unpredictability of their subjects to produce the BBC Natural History Unit's TV series. It's a fabulous book.
2 people found this helpful
on 4 November 2013
Bought this book for an elderly uncle who lives in london but enjoys everything to do with the countryside and animals. He will love looking through this
5 people found this helpful
on 5 March 2017
fantastic book loads of interesting information brilliant photos some wildlife never knew existed
on 22 January 2018
It was presented, they like it
on 2 November 2017
Beautiful photographs. Lovely book.
on 10 October 2015
Beautiful photos complement a very interesting book. As others have said, it pays little attention to other parts of the UK, but a good buy nevertheless. Pity the BBC haven't issued a DVD in this country.
|11 Comment|Report abuse