on 7 July 2016
Amazing support for the 5/2 diet. When you see (and eat) these delicious suggestions for the 2 "off-days", you can't say: I can't do that. And the loss in weight is just incredible. I lost 7 kg in 4 months, without feeling deprived in any way. It lifts your spirits as well.
12 people found this helpful
on 29 May 2017
Glad I didn't pay full price for this. Can't afford some of the authors' favourite ingredients either, even if edamame, peccorino, artichokes, quails eggs (to name just a few) were available to me at my local shop. This isn't a book for dieters on a budget, although the recipes are good.
6 people found this helpful
on 27 July 2016
Lost 2 stone and reversed my type 2! it can be done!!!!
11 people found this helpful
on 15 June 2016
Really good selection of recipes, from the very simple to the very involved; something here for everyone. The best bit is that you get a good idea of what's 'in' and what's 'out', and how to make the most of your calorie allowance, even if you don't want to follow a recipe.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 June 2016
Love this book, bought after reading Mike Mosleys 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet book. The recipes here are really varied and tasty, I don't use it every day but have used it a lot, not for the weight or calorie saving just because the are so good and interesting. Some use a bit too much spiciness for my wife so I adjust the recipe to suit. Recommend the book to anyone who wants to restrict their calorie intake or eat some interesting food.
on 2 May 2016
Not sure that this is practical and the recipes are a bit fiddly, which is the last thing you need on a fast day. What would have been really helpful is easy to prepare, fast recipes to get you out of the kitchen before you succumb to the temptation to break the rules of the fast day.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 December 2015
When feeling that I've over-indulged I re-read this excellent book and do some 5:2 days. Clears out the system and in my mind too and has helped me lose some weight. It never hurts to 'lighten the load' sometimes on your old body and I'm interested in the other benefits that comes with fasting also. Easy to do once you set your mind to it. Looks like another New Year's fresh start after indulging for the Holidays, LOL!
on 21 June 2013
im a chef with some weight to lose and i loved this book as its good tasting, reasonable food you can cook and still enjoy. this was my main problem with all other diets. yes theres no butter or anything, but everything is fresh, tasty, low fat and healthy which makes you feel way better even if you don't lose a ton of weight (which you probably will). i have sometimes instead of doing 5:2 days (normal / fasting) just had 3 recipes out of this book per day (eg. breakfast lunch and dinner) which amounts to a low but healthy 1000 - 1500 calories per day. i think this is still reasonable and honestly doesn't feel like much of a diet as the food (eat slowly mind) is filling and proper portions. this book is lovely just as a recipe book on its own and i would highly recommend it to anyone.
on 19 May 2014
The 5:2 diet is well explained without excessive detail. The recipes (150) are a particularly strong point and I even use some of them on " non-starve day". Makes selection of the menus for the week easy and shopping can be closely linked to the programme being followed. There is some wastage of vegetables in particular since one still mostly has to buy as if eating a normal diet; difficult to buy a part of a cabbage! Well worthwhile it just to see my belly descending behind the horizon. Tony Hales
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 28 May 2013
Even if we weren't on the Fast Diet, I would love this Recipe Book. It is beautifully presented (do get the print version) and all the recipes we have tried so far have been so good with wonderful flavours.

We've been doing well on the diet (2 of us have lost a stone each over 2 months) but were getting sick of WW Ready Meals & ready-made soups. So far we have tried the Cottage Pie, OKelly's Salmon (we had this on a normal day with a few new potatoes) and 2 of the variations with chicken breast. I particularly like the various recipes for one salmon portion & one chicken breast. I did prepare the cottage pie the night before - I can't cook too much on Fast Day - too hungry! & marinaded the chicken the night before too but the cooking on the day was straightforward.

The index at the back showing recipes by calories is particularly useful as we only have 250 cals in the evenings.

We will carry on cooking from this book - it's one of the best Recipe Books we own!