Format: Paperback|Change

This is a beautiful book! It is big and heavy, but its objectives are very ambitious and I think is has successfully fulfilled most and surpassed many in the space allowed. Intended primarily for students of architecture, it will also appeal to the general reader interested in world architecture through time as the text is well written, never dull or boring, easy to follow and it is supplemented and supported by numerous, quality photographs and fascinating line drawings. It will afford all readers greater understanding of the building styles they may encounter about the globe; structures erected from prehistoric times right up the the 21st century. It will prove to be a most helpful travel companion.
on 27 May 2013
An excellent book about architecture!
It contains a good mix between pictures and text.
Their are a lot of pixtures in it and also lots of text.
You can look things up about specific architecturals styles but you can also just browse through it and look at the pictures.
on 7 December 2013
I love this book and I believe if I read it as much as I should then I'll be on my way to becoming the university success I hope to become in the future. Also the delivery was on time. Thanks to the authors for passing their knowledge to us!
on 14 February 2014
Very good book, it fullfilled my expectations. It gives a lot of information and is not boring to read.
I especially like that it gives some information about nation and its culture and history so that you know the background for a particular buiding you're reading about.
on 27 October 2014
A reference book for architectural studies at Edinburgh Unibersity
on 3 March 2015
Arrived okay and in good condition .
on 16 March 2015
Was told to buy this for my Architectural History class, haven't needed it once! but I'm sure its brilliant!
on 28 October 2015
I like the quality of the book, not the quality of the content. Quite vague description.
on 22 August 2014