on 25 September 2017
Compared to my previously bought book from 2015, these 2 copies I ordered recently have arrived and I'm sending them right back. I'm appalled at the poor quality. Standing the books side by side, the current ones are thinner than my 2015 copy. The cover is not as stiff, the new ones bend easily. The paper in the new copies is a vile pukey dirty grey/green/yellow - unlike the cream coloured thick paper in the 2015 book. The new books are printed in the Netherlands, but my book from 2015 was printed in Italy.

How anyone can be happy with these newer printed books I'll never know. It's shameful and as these were gifts I would be embarrassed to give them to anyone. I'll try once more to order, but with a different supplier (these were from amazon). If the same thing happens, I'll never buy this book again.
8 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 18 October 2015
Beautiful illustrations. Lots of details. Glorious thick paper. Will take ages to do and i try to do 3hrs a day! Havnt tried felt pens yet but paper is thick enough. Costly but well worth it!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
12 people found this helpful
on 21 August 2016
This was my first adult colouring book - great quality paper and works well with colouring markers, with no bleed. You can get higher quality paper (I think it's called the Artist edition) which allows you to experiment with water colours. My advice would be to purchase a colour wheel to help you combine colours for better aesthetic results.

Designs are beautifully illustrated and cater to all levels of colouring ability. I'm a complete beginner, and although some of my own colour choices haven't been great, this book has allowed me to experiment and get better.

Probably one of my favourites to colour in and well worth the purchase.
4 people found this helpful
on 23 May 2017
I caught the colouring habit and ordered the secret garden after watching reviews on you tube, the pictures are pretty and intricate and i have spent many hours working on only a handful of pictures so far. The paper is thicker than any of my other books but i have not used pens on it yet. My front cover did arrive with a score on it - it had obviously been marked by a sharp implement when opening the package at the warehouse, it was not enough for me to return it though, I couldn't wait to get started on it.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on 13 February 2016
I love the Johanna Basford books-I have 3 of them and theyre all beautifully put together with designs to suit everyone,theyre the ones I would always go for befor buying any others as I think the quality is excellent.The paper is really great with no bleed through when using fibre pens and theyre a good size too-plenty of designs to choose from.Im not one of those people whos disciplined enough to start at the beginning and gradually work my way through the book-I flit from page to page finding one Id like to work on ,some are in various stages of completion but its fun.By the way Im a 61 year old woman and if anyone had told me a while back that Id be using colouring books Id have laughed,but its very addictive and a lovely way to unwind with some quiet time-would highly recommend this lady's books,theyre gorgeous :)
2 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2018
I've just bought this book again as I loved it so much I don't mind starting all over again, after my daughter 32yrs old managed to spill a whole pot of tea over it while having a look at all my hard work. The motives are great as is the detailing and designs. The added bonuses of the tresure hunt and the story are just fantastic. A very real adult colouring book, where the individual motives can be framed and hung up for decoration in the knowledge that no two in the world will ever be the same. So I'll finish how I started looking forward to starting all over again. I highly recommend the book, the author and the company who supplied the means for such enjoyment. Don't wait get shopping 🛒.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 December 2017
Bought for my friend who loves colouring.

The book itself arrived well packaged, and no damage at all.

The pictures themselves are great, lots of fine detail to get stuck into. The paper is also good quality so colouring looks great and doesn't seep through.

My friend was incredibly happy with it, and told me multiple times how much she enjoyed it. So if you're looking for a present or for yourself you'll be happy with it.
on 11 June 2016
I've never had a colouring book before and honestly I'm not even sure why I bought it. I'm not very patient in general, but
I've ended up spending hours and hours on it. It's got so many drawings and pages, and some of them have space to fill in with ink, so it will take a very long time to complete, which is great. The paper quality is really good, the pages are thick, so there's no danger of ink soaking or spilling through the pages. It's got a protective paper cover as well. I've been colouring almost exclusively with pencils and the odd gold or silver pen here and there. The only thing I would say is that it's quite heavy and big, so not very handy to carry around everywhere. Not my habit, but if that's what you're used to doing, keep this in mind.
on 7 April 2016
I ordered this book immediately after receiving Enchanted Forest because I was so impressed by that book. I had read some comments about poor paper quality in Secret Garden, but I have not had any problem with mine, which says it was printed in Italy. The paper is very thick and has the same wonderful quality as the other book I purchased. I have not been disappointed with Secret Garden! I'm absolutely thrilled with this book. It's every bit as gorgeous as Enchanted Forest, with page after page of beautifully intricate designs to colour and a dust jacket and book cover that can be coloured also. As with Enchanted Garden, this book has a very special feel about it, which to me, makes it more than just a colouring book.
on 23 March 2017
This book is so beautiful and so intricate I'm a little bit intimidated by it. I have coloured in the name page, and one of the smaller front designs. The paper is lovely thick quality and I have used some of my markers on it with no bleedthrough.
One gripe is that the pattern goes right into the middle seam of the book, and I can't get the book to lie flat enough to colour all the way in.
Beautiful and challenging!