on 10 March 2018
Buy it. This book has forever changed my viewpoint on eating. My 2.5 year old gave me a lot of anxiety with her fussy eating/ refusing to eat, after reading this book I resigned myself to the fact that she would eat if she weee hungry and made myself a promise that I would not force food or use any negative words surrounding either eating or not eating. I provide a small amount of food and don’t say any words, nothing positive nothing negative and if she wants to eat then great if she doesn’t then that’s fine. After ONE day of this, she’s eating more than ever before and has begun to try new things all because the stress of it all has disappeared- I cannot believe the difference. Turns out it was all my fault and this book was right - my daughter now has a really positive attitude and will eat when she’s hungry. Small changes have made such a huge difference, Happy Mummy too. Can’t thank you enough both of our attitudes have changed forever.
One person found this helpful
on 25 January 2018
This is an amazing book! I was so disappointed and worried that my 13 month old son didn’t eat until I started reading this book! Everything is explained in such a simple, straightforward and logical way! After reading the first couple of pages I felt like he was talking about my own son! And after having read half of the book, my life became a lot better. Not because the book suggests magical ways to make your child eat more but mainly because it helps you realize that kids will eat when they will need it. It helps parents trust their kids and their needs! Thanks!
on 8 November 2017
This book excellent. I was near to tears very mealtime til I read this book. Not only did I feel relaxed and happy about my baby's eating after reading it, I also just found it very interesting all the points regarding diet, nutrition, various studies, guidelines and weight charts across the globe. Excellently written and very funny at times.
on 23 November 2015
Great read. Big eye opener And I bought this for a friend's baby shower gift. I have a copy at a breastfeeding group I Run in my local area because its so informative. I just wish they would change the title because it's applicable to all children.
on 31 March 2016
Excellent book. Puts you mind at rest if you've got a fussy eater. Made me realise the issue was essentially mine and I was making it worse. My little boy is currently eating anything he can get his hands on after a few months of following this! Would recommend.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 August 2015
All parents should read this book before they start weaning. Not just for people with awful eaters! This book really set my mind at ease as my son was a horrendous eater xx
One person found this helpful
on 14 July 2015
Was disappointed as this book is really aimed at those thinking about conceiving a child through to weening. Had hoped it would help with school aged children that I look after but it didn't cover that age group.
on 2 February 2018
Very useful
on 4 November 2016
Great book highly recommended for all new parents. Puts a lot of perspective on weaning and feeding your child.
on 11 November 2014
I would definitely recommend it to any parent of a fussy eater. Why turn mealtimes into a battlefield when you can just enjoy your child's company? This book makes so much sense & is easy to read.