Customer reviews

on 15 March 2014
a fantastic book in the series, I have the whole series & am an avid collector/ reader, I will continue to read these as long as I have eyes in my head!
on 9 September 2014
brill would love book four to be written
Having neither truly loved nor hated the previous book I wanted to give Charmfall a fair crack of the whip, so having been lucky enough to have recently finished Firespell, I thought that I'd crack on with this one and see what it did for me as a reader. Sadly it left me with the same impressions as the original and whilst its certainly not the worst out there its pretty mediocre as the world hasn't increased and the characters sadly didn't get the opportunity to grow which will keep a lot of the readers with no attachments and therefore the Emo reaction to what befalls them.

Don't get me wrong, there will be people out there that love this, but for me with no character growth and a pace that struggles to get going, it was a real struggle to make my way through. A great shame all in.
on 3 July 2014
Charmfall is the final book in The Dark Elite series and, I have to be honest straight away with you, not my favourite in the series.

This book follows up Hexbound but has a twist that no-one was expecting: both Adepts and Reapers don’t have any powers. They find themselves powerless and they have to figure out who took their powers and how to restore them.

The concept was interesting and I did want to know what was going on and how they would restore their magic and all. Chloe Neill really had this vision where she can distinguish good from evil and find that shade of grey in between. The whole series is centred on that shade, not on the good side neither on the bad. Especially because this book does bring up that question: what is good and what is bad and when both sides are faced with the same problem, a lot of questions are answered and a lot of things analysed. One of the main reasons I did enjoy this series.

And the reason why this book wasn’t my favourite has to do with, not only the slower pace, but also with the anti-climax ending. After an action-pace peak where the Adepts are fighting to get powers and all and then the whole Lily-Jason “did-they-broke-up-I-don’t-know” thing, the book simply ended. It felt rushed, with no consistence at all and that made me upset. The romance, which wasn’t in its best form in this book, was simply annoying and it closed the book in a way that didn’t make any sense.

Still, Lily continued to amaze me and I continued to enjoy her character. She’s definitely one of those bad-ass female characters that seriously don’t need anyone defending her. Scout remained the same freak but still an awesome friend and someone you can rely on.

Sebastian, the Reaper, makes a huge appearance in this book and I wish it had been more explored and developed. Though there were moments where I did feared a love triangle, I felt that his relationship with Lily was vague. Even though he’s a Reaper, I think his character could have been massive if the author allowed it.

Charmfall was still a nice reading and easy reading. It wasn’t the best book in the trilogy and there’s a lot more the author can explore within this universe she created. The book had an open ending which allows for a lot more of information and continuation to still be delivered. And if Chloe Neill does indeed write more in the series, I sure will continue it.
on 17 March 2012
Charmfall is a perfect book for those who love a good paranormal novel! This book might not be everyone's cup of tea because of the slightly boring plot and dull characters. For me, it was okay. I won't say I hated it and I woun't say I loved it. This book had a lot of action scenes that didn't quite meet my expectations.

I do recommend that you read the previous two books before you read this one.
on 27 December 2012
This series has me hooked! Can't put them down! Really enjoyed reading it, can't wait for the next one. X
on 19 May 2016
I liked the premise and the characters but it just petered out as if there was a further hook to the story line. it seems as if there will be no further stories to complete the story..

disappointed
on 16 September 2015
Again -Chloe you did it again a simple story told so unbelievably so well I love all your books can't wait for the next one
on 29 September 2016