Customer reviews

on 3 January 2017
I work in the live music business, and so always check out relevant chapters on concert booking and touring in any new book on the general music business. I therefore cannot recommend this book - the chapter on the live music in this edition, ‘Managing the Live Circuit’, is so general and vague that I cannot be convinced the information in the rest of the book is accurate. The information contained on live shows and concert touring in the previous edition was far more factual and accurate.
on 19 February 2013
In fairness this does exactly what it says. There are some details I would have liked to see more of, in particular more details on financing in both absolute or percentage terms, but appreciate there is a lot of variability in this. Overall this book covers a great breadth of aspects and does give a lot of the qualitative detail. I doubt there is anything that comes close to the coverage this gives and there is some quantitative information in the text, it is just not as easy to pull out as I would have liked (but maybe I have too specific a focus).

I've virtually read this from cover-to-cover in fits-and-starts within a month, it really is that easy to read, very well written and an easy to follow narrative style (despite being from multiple different authors). I'm sure I'll think of things it misses over the next few months but it seems extremely comprehensive in its breadth and gives enough information for anyone to at least navigate their way through this industry; artist, manager, producer etc. There is something for virtually every branch of the music industry, although it is clearly focussed on management.

I'd recommend it wholeheartedly.
on 25 September 2013
I bought the original version which was really helpful as, unlike a lot of books on the market [like Donald Passman's - a great read anyway though] , it gave a UK specific context to a lot of the practical issues whilst also giving a good feel principles that would be the same internationally. This updated version reads better, is packed with new stuff and has been a great refresher.
on 27 September 2016
I bought this book for my daughter who is doing a Music Management degree at West London. She read it in 2 days and loves it!
on 4 October 2015
Really useful book, even just a flick through will reveal so much. I find it a very useful tool
on 13 July 2016
Great product fast delivery
on 4 January 2017
excellent value
on 15 August 2014
Quick delivery. Good price!
on 26 November 2014