Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 March 2013
No complaints on the music itself. Only reason this isn't 5 stars is because I found the binding really awkward and the pages didn't stay open without some heavy handedness which makes page turning awkward.
on 20 February 2016
If you love Einaudi's music and you can play piano, then this is for you. I've only just started playing the piano properly and sight reading and these songs are not too difficult to play. The comments that this music is Grade 5 I'm not sure. A lot of Einaudi's music, whilst beautiful sounding, is quite simple and constructed of chords and broken chords so if you're a novice pianist I wouldn't let these comments put you off. You don't necessarily need to be a high grade yourself to play this music, some people are able to pick up this style of playing quite quickly. Nefeli, for example, is one of my all time favourite pieces and it's very simple and easy to learn, whereas I Giorni is a bit meatier and includes a bit more technical skill, double notes and tenths (Einaudi's handspan must be incredible) which is the reason it would technically be graded at a higher level.

In terms of key signature, there are a few pieces in C Major, but he loves A Major so be sure to know your keys.

More than anything, what is required to play this music is good technical skill and strong fingers, as there is generally a lot of repetition of chords in the left hand.

One thing to note - This sheet music doesn't contain all of the music on the 'Islands' album, which one might assume. Be careful of this when buying, initially I bought this because I loved 'Passagio' but it isn't included. Although, there are a lot of other beautiful songs to keep you occupied :)

And I completely agree with everyone else about the binding. The pages keep closing when I play Nefeli, as it's in the middle of the book. I'm one of those people who likes to keep the spines of their book in perfect condition, which isn't an option here :)
on 10 February 2013
I bought this book for my 14 year old daughter who kept hearing 'I Giorni' (the days) on the TV and wanted to play it. Her ability is about grade 6 and she has found it easy to learn. Most of the pieces are relatively easy for grade 5- ish and above. Brilliant. Jackie (Grantham, Lincs, UK)
on 25 November 2012
It is rare that I buy sheet music on a whim and then can rattle the tunes out from the first time I play them. Beautiful melodies, reasonably simple to play. Very enjoyable.
on 23 April 2014
really fantastic book with lots of einaudi tunes - very good value and I am coping well with the first piece il Giorni as a pupil who has just passed grade 3 piano
on 6 September 2011
this book is fantastic it is full of all the songs i want to play but all the other books dont have it has the one song i love Nuvole Bianche and many more like I Girioni FANTASTIC
on 12 December 2013
Stunning pieces, suitable for all levels of ability and just really enjoyable pieces to play, my children love listeni g to these, they dont get annoying
on 20 July 2014
I bought this in conjunction with the Islands CD. Einaudi is a massive genius, and it is a pleasure to be able to put my fingers to the piano and hear the beauty of his music emerge. He gives a lot of freedom to interpret the music as you wish, something I very much appreciate. This book contains a great variety of his music, and I strongly recommend it adorns the bookshelf of any pianist who just loves music.
on 20 June 2013
I wanted a non challenging book with modern pieces. A lot of these tunes have been played on adverts and the media, therefore many pieces I didn't know I knew. Well set out they are a pleasure to play.
on 17 December 2014
Nice and also accurate. I hate getting books with odd arrangements which bear no resemblance to the recordings. This however is spot on. Covers many of his well known works. Page turns are fairly well managed as well no particularly awkward places encountered as yet.