Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 June 2017
Another great book by Russ Harris. great method of learning ACT
on 18 July 2017
An enlightening and beautifully written book that helps all of us to live with presence and purpose even when life throws its worst at us.
on 22 May 2014
So much wisdom contained in this book and it offers a real insight into how we can tolerate distress in our lives.
on 1 September 2017
This is a really helpful, clear and humane book. I recommend it highly.
on 27 August 2017
Excellent
on 3 July 2017
Only half way through and it's had a profound impact on me already
on 3 March 2017
a life changer
on 28 November 2012
I am a fan of the author as I find his writing style easy to read. It is a book to keep referring back to as many times as is necessary. I find ACT is more approachable than Mindfulness itself as it feels more applicable to everyday modern life and throws a slightly different slant on the usual approach to dealing with common complaints such as anxiety and depression through CBT. As a sufferer of anxiety and depression I have found this book as well as 'The Happiness Trap' a refreshing and welcomed source of support in the modern age. It's a good dose of realism and offers an approach from a new direction that many of us would never be aware of especially today where we feel we do not even have time to think!
on 6 November 2015
Helpful self help book. Easy to read also.
on 28 March 2017
I love the act approach so when a friend had a terrible thing happen to her i gave her this book in the hope it would help. She tells me she is practicing many of the books exercises and is having a profound impact on the way she has coped. So very positive i would say.