Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 5 June 2015
fantastic book from a great psychologist
on 11 September 2014
Excellent
on 3 July 2015
Great book
on 24 July 2014
I use this book as my guide to meditation and to living. What I love about it is that it doesn't just focus on 'mindfulness' but combines that with 'compassion'. Without the latter, I would find mindfulness in meditating and in living to be too difficult. I also love the information on the brain, how it developed, and how it affects the way we behave. This is a great book, especially for anyone who suffers from anxiety and who wants to find peace and calm.
on 17 February 2014
Have not read this book yet, but have glanced through some chapters and used for study. This book compliments the mindful meditation I practice and is an inspiration on self care. Would recommend to anyone who has a busy stressful life style.
on 4 June 2014
Great reading - new perspective and very informative. Includes exercises to practice and great opportunity to reflect on real life situations. A helpful read.
on 2 August 2013
Gilbert at his clearest. I love the work of Gilbert et al. But I often find him too wordy this is simple and to the point.
on 14 July 2013
This is very rewarding reading about compassion and its value to us for better health. Motivation is a topic which runs through it too. Gilberts style is very positive and encouraging. The book is very detailed and certainly gives food for thought. The values of Buddhism are also drawn upon. Overall one of the best books on this sort of topic I have found.
on 27 October 2013
This is an excellent book for those wanting to increase their understanding of mindful compassion. It is written in an easy to read style and so very transferable to practice.
on 5 February 2015
a must read for all healthcare workers. I was recommended to read this book and haven't been disappointed.