Customer reviews

on 31 March 2013
this is the practical guide to usig the compassionate mind approach which I have been waiting for. The clear explanation of the theoretical basis and the host of suggestions for compassionate exercises take Paul Gilbert's work adn make it accessible to my clients. Great.
on 9 September 2013
I bought the kindle edition of this book. You need to go to the website to print off some of the exercises - but when I went to the website there was no exercises to download or print off ;o(
on 4 January 2015
same contents a her other book, about self compassion- the book with the pink flower on the cover,
but the difference is that this book has not got the good quality white paper for its pages, as the other book with the pink flower on the cover has,
on 7 March 2015
This book really is life changing
on 7 March 2017
A good read
on 29 April 2017
There's literally nothing in this book that wasn't paraphrased from Paul Gilbert's Compassionate Mind, and less-well expressed this time round.
on 9 June 2016
Very good straightforward introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy - clearly set out, easy to dip in and out of. Exercises you can do if you want to - or just read the book for an overall view of the subject. Recommended.
on 17 July 2014
This is an excellent. I really like what the author says at the end of the book " it's not that I think I am brilliant now,it's something better than that I can warmly accept myself warts and all" . This was really encouraging and has helped me be less self critical. Thank you.
on 5 March 2016
I found this book illuminating. A great tool in helping the self. I can highly recommend this thought provoking and insightful book.
on 29 December 2014
If you want to learn more about the compassionate mind, this is a good start.