Customer reviews

The Spies Of Warsaw
Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 October 2014
The book is very well written, and gives a new insight to situation in Poland, and other mid European countries. Scope for a Sequel ?.
on 5 February 2013
I loved the book. Kept my attention from beginning to end. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good going spy story.
on 13 February 2016
Very good- but finished very abruptly. Would have liked to have learned what happened to the main characters during the war.
on 25 July 2009
Well I don't know who wrote the Guardian review quoted on the book but they must have a very low suspense threshold. This is a mildly interesting history book masquerading as a thriller. The characters do not grip you, and neither do the fairly random things that happen to them. Elementary errors in the Polish (like the words for Mr and Mrs - yes that elementary) make one a bit sceptical about the rest of the research too.
on 17 February 2013
I purchased this to smooth out some points from the recent T.V. production. Enjoyed it, reminded me of Philip Kerr's books
on 24 February 2014
It maintained my attention throughout & was a good solid spy story. I found that it was certainly worth the reading.
on 26 August 2013
Had heard good reports about this book. I'm interested in this period which is the run up to the second world war.
on 20 December 2016
Again Alan writes a great and "true" store. Straight to the core of the problem and eductaional also.
on 19 October 2016
satisfied completely with the goods and transaction
on 21 December 2009
As a fan of Robert Wison and John Le Carre I found my first book by Alan Furst thoroughly enjoyable.The characters were interesting,the story exciting and the historical detail fascinating.I will be reading more books by this author.