Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

on 6 April 2015
Yummy book!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 September 2011
One More Slice is the second baking book by Swedish TV chef Leila Lindholm. Published by New Holland, the book, like all their books is well laid out and presented, with beautifully styled colour photos of most of the recipes.

The book contains over 150 recipes divided into 9 chapters featuring pizza, cheesecake, pancakes and waffles, tortano bread, blondies and brownies, sourdough, pies and pasta.

The book is friendly, attainable and achievable throughout and I especially like the breadth of the content and Leila's twists on classic ideas, such as five types of sweet pizza or a sweet potato cheesecake. I am equally inspired and charmed by the sweet shaped ravioli with butternut squash.

I really like that for many of the recipes there is a base recipe and then lots of variations. With the base brownie recipe there are nine variations including raspberry, lemon and blackberry, lavender and even brownie cupcakes. Hopefully the inclusion of all the variations will inspire and give cooks the confidence to try out their own ideas and adapt the recipes for their and their families' tastes.

The book focusses on great ideas for delicious bakes that are also simple, easy to make and not faffy, even the most timid cook can feel reassured by a recipe for a "not-too-difficult summer ice cream cake"! This is the type of book we like to use in the Fuss Free Kitchen. I firmly believe that great bakers are made, and not born and the only barrier to being a good baker is getting into the kitchen to practice, One More Slice provides plenty of inspiration to get into the kitchen and start to practise!
on 2 June 2011
Her other (first) cookbook, is one of my favorite baking books. So I had my hopes up for this one, but this book doesn't have a lot of sweet recipes (like cookies, cakes, slices), but it has more "healthy" dinner recipes. The title "one more slice" doesn't mean sweet slices, but pizza slices. This is no problem on its own, but this wasn't what I expected. I only tried one recipe yet, and eventhough I bake a lot, it didn't work out the way it should have.
on 6 June 2011
I bought this on impulse as we'd been experimenting making pizzas and this seemed to have some different ideas. The book was an instant hit and I arrived home the following evening to find my wife had already made the chocolate cheesecake (very good), was planning to make semifreido for the kids (we made a strawberry version that weekend and they loved it) and the sourdough starter is now fermenting away in the corner of the kitchen.

It is quite a random collection of recipes but well presented and I'd expect there'd be something there for most tastes. The recipes don't call for anything you couldn't find in an average supermarket and seem relatively straightforward and easy to follow. We have a good collection of cookbooks that we pick at from time to time. However, I predict this will be one we will return to regularly - definitely recommended.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 16 May 2011
Subtitled 'Sourdough bread, pizza, pasta and sweet pastries' I am sure you will want to tuck into just one more slice and then one more. This book creates the atmosphere of well-being through homely food that is made for sharing and enjoying. I love the photography. The recipes are easy to follow and look scrumptious. I can't wait to get stuck in. There's lots of party finger foods here - pizza sticks and pinwheels, bread and cakes, pizza and pasta. I have eaten fruit pasties - I always get one of those if I can when in Cornwall, but I have never seen a fruit pizza before - they sound delicious. There are no less than five sweet pizza recipes here, including one with chocolate. The unusual cheesecakes look fabulous, the variations on waffles and pancakes will have you itching to get started. I'm dying to try out the tortano recipes. For that perfect afternoon tea there are brownies, blondies, ice-cream and bombes. There are baguettes, bagels and breads of all kinds. Great American pies and then there's the pasta. This cookery book - my absolute favourite of the year, brings together simple cooking with different tastes and will appease any taste buds that have become bored. I think this cook book could keep you going for life. Buy one now. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 25 August 2011
 Leila's second baking book follows on from her excellent A Piece of Cake and doesn't disappoint. I can especially recommend the blondies!