Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 July 2015
This is a lovely book. Bella has one of those grumpy days where she loses control and has melt-downs. I read it with my 10 year old grand daughter who is on the autistic spectrum and who has similar experiences to those in the book. She was completely involved, and wanted to read it all over again as soon as we'd finished. It's now a firm favourite. This is not however just for autistic children. Everyone has days like Bella's shouting day and all children will recognise it. I loved the story myself! I recommend it wholeheartedly.
on 23 June 2014
We saw My Big Shouting Day recently on the cbeebies bedtime story slot, read by Ben Bailey Smith (who was just absolutely amazing - so, so funny) and feel in love with this book. Any parent will identify with experiencing a day with a toddler like Bella, and any child will relate to the frustration of just feeling VERY SHOUTY and grumpy. A superb book - love it.
on 29 May 2017
This is a totally excellent and very funny book, and my 2 year old agrees. It's also remarkably subtle for a picture book - I particularly love how the mother looks increasingly frazzled and weary as the day goes on, and how you totally get that Bob being such a little goody-goody (aka innocent baby) would make Bella even more annoyed. Even thinking about it makes me smile. 'Who wants a story? NOBODY!'
on 20 March 2017
Wrong book posted to us...however we loved the new book so have decided to keep it....sticker error over barcode
on 30 December 2013
Not enough to engage child .betterwhen each page has more detail and things to look out for. A bit preachy.
on 17 October 2013
Absolutely LOVE this book and so does my daughter, I recently heard her recite it by heart to her friend while they were playing. Everyone who has a small child has had a day like this and reading the book is best therapy for everyone concerned. Is hilarious, "i have A HURTING FOOT!" "it was TOO MINTY!" etc, and the illustrations, particularly of the irate Bella and the cheerier, phlegmatic Bob are brilliant. Everyone who has or is about to have a small child in their life needs one of these immediately.
on 15 October 2014
Nice book. Got it during terrible threes (came late in our house!) and gave us a good way to address the tantrums.
on 14 July 2012
Oh my goodness, I think this was written just for my daughter, who doesn't know how NOT to shout! We simply adored this little book with it's fabulously bold, colourful illustrations and it's brilliant storyline that has a wonderful little message. I think this book is a must read for shouty little people everywhere!

Bella is having a really bad day, that starts off when she shouts at her little brother Bob! Everything from then on in goes terribly wrong and Bella turns into a little nightmare shouting all day long about things. But every bad day has to come to an end sometime and with the magic word 'sorry', a hug from mum and a bedtime story, things really do start looking up for little Bella.

My Big Shouting Day has tons of humour that will have you laughing out loud throughout. There are moments when Bella is being a little naughty, I would look at my daughter and say "you wouldn't do things like that would you?" and she would say "no way" while having to think about it first. So it gave my daughter something to think about anyway! This is definitely one that will be read again and again!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 September 2014
It does sound just like a small child talking. Bella's day starts badly and then nothing seems to be right - broken biscuits, cold bath water, someone paying attention to her little brother.

So she SHOUTS. Will she say sorry? Will her next day be better?

A great bedtime read for a tired child who's just had a long and irritable day. My son kept saying Bella was being naughty but seemed pleased at her apology at the end. It's a reassuring read, that parents never stop loving you, that bad days end, that you can always say sorry.

The childlike pictures match the narration wonderfully. Bella is a great character to start discussions about and it's also easy for an adult reader as well.
on 25 April 2016
We were battling through the terrible twos when I spotted this book on Amazon. It is one of the best books Ive ever read. It seemed to help my little one to understand the fustration she feels and even see the funny side. I love the illustrations of cross disapproving faces in the supermarket and the mum with infinite patience. This book is good on any level. But I think it has a lovely underlying messages.