on 12 March 2015
Great map with loads of info on. I would have loved to be able to mark places on it that we wanted to go to though. The material meant this wasn't really possible, but the fact that it's waterproof actually was really helpful - as it poured with rain for a solid day when we were there, and the hotel-provided paper map ended up soggy and unusable.
on 12 July 2013
The plastic protection makes this easy to fold map very good value. I used it for a week's walking in NYC, found all the great tourist places. and left it for my grandson who lives there to use.
Some of the writing is small however especially the subway map so if you wear specs. don't forget them.
on 9 May 2014
it was just as described, a flexable and waterproof case that does not break when folded. good street level detail on one side which allowed me to put sellotape on the map then colour the street I wanted to identify. there is a section on tipping and places to go along with a list of emergency numbers. the other side of the map has a index and a higher view of new york right out to JFK airport. Using this map we can plan our week away and the location of all we want to visit.
on 31 October 2013
Not a lover of maps these days as we all have GPS in our pockets, but when travelling, save money on data costs and also stop waving your £500 device in the air, if you lose this, or someone takes it it is no great loss. Worth the money.
on 11 August 2012
Fantastic! Will prove endlessly useful when we go at Christmas. The map gives clarity on where all the various sectors of New York are in relation to one another. A1.
on 20 November 2013
stick it in your back pocket, you won't even know you have it. Its nicely coloured for detailed info and highlights all the main sights of the big apple. Coupled with a lonely guide of the city, you'll have everything you need to take the biggest bite out of this big apple!
on 22 June 2014
Whilst this is a great laminated map which will not rip or crease i find there is way to much detail on the map which makes it very very hard to read as words tend to overlap. I sent this back and ordered the brilliant map book by Michael Middleditch called The New York Mapguide available from Amazon which is a 64 page mapbook giving each area of Manhattan two pages making it very clear and easier to read.
on 26 February 2016
Used it on a recent trip to NY.and found very good. although possibly a little too detailed
VINE VOICEon 14 February 2014
Great map, laminated to keep it dry and to stop it falling apart whilst in use. Especially liked the subway map which helped us to get around without using taxis. Recommended.
on 11 June 2012
I love all Flexi Maps - ideal for wandering around your chosen city & not worrying that the crease is splitting or that it's getting wet & soggy. This one I bought for a friend who is visiting NY soon. They actually make good little gifts for people.