Customer reviews

on 8 November 2015
I've lived in Oxford for several years and this book has told me things I didn't already know (unlike just about every other guide book on Oxford I've tried). The way it's laid out into walks (which is how you explore cities) is really helpful too.
One person found this helpful
on 22 June 2015
The tours in this book are really good I did most of them to the letter and it worked out really well, useful tips and information.
on 21 December 2013
Handy size to carry around. Found it useful. The maps inside could have been better though. We ended up buying a street map from the tourist information when we got there.
One person found this helpful
on 3 August 2015
A good guide. Could so with some more pictures and hotels.
on 12 February 2015
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 17 August 2013
First time visitors to Oxford. This guide was great for all the different aspects of Oxford it covered.
The walks with commentary were great.
on 15 August 2014
Good walks, great book to get you round key points in the city
on 16 October 2015
on 5 June 2013
I wish I'd had this guide when I was there many years ago. It's a doddle to use and so handy to take with you.
2 people found this helpful
on 12 February 2014
I usually get DK Eyewitness Travel but they only have Britain not just Oxford where I will be for a month. Insitight has almost no maps and is organized by trips, not topic so I had to flip back and forth to locate topics. I thought the descriptions were very good, so I gave Insight a 4 rather than a 3 which I was tempted to do in my frustration. Insight is for those who want excursions organized by routes rather than topics.