on 19 May 2017
Probably, like most people, I have good intentions of learning a language whenever I go somewhere new and inevitably find they speak such good English you feel very self-conscious trying to speak a new sentence in a foreign tongue. So...as everyone I met spoke amazing English, I didn't need to use this hardly at all...but I did look up certain things in it and found it easy to use with lots of modern phrases and scenarios explained. I liked all the cultural tips and so on. It's helpful if you are disciplined!
on 7 September 2017
Nice book helped me learning Swedish and with hopefully guide me on the way to fluent Swedish
on 8 July 2013
Although it seemed like a perfectly fine phrase book to me, as soon as I showed it to my Swedish partner, they started to notice errors in grammar and spelling. Without reading even half of the book, she had discovered 5 elementary mistakes. These were reported to Berlitz, who assured us that they would be corrected in the next edition (after asking exactly what the errors were, what pages they were on and also how to correct them!), and would send us a free copy of that when it was printed. It seems like this book was not proof-read by a Swedish speaking person, as these errors (and presumably more) would have been noticed straight away.

Good enough to get by on, but I wouldn't expect this level of sloppiness in any book, let alone one which teaches language.
on 9 September 2014
Phonetical sounds are written wrongly (I am a native Swede) and would not recommend this book. Yes, it takes up some good phrases and so on but not very good at all if you are aiming to learn the language.
on 19 May 2014
I purchased this book to accompany me on a 2 week visit to Sweden. It didn't get used much because a) more often than not, the word I wanted was not in there and b) everyone speaks english!

We came unstuck when trying to understand washing machine instructions in a our self catered accommodation - would be helpful to have translation for cotton, wool, colours for example but appreciate they cannot all be included.

Of my very limited knowledge of the Swedish language, one word I will not forget is Fika - a term given to the regular coffee/cake stops. I was amazed not to see this in the book.
on 11 February 2013
Good book it gives you the basic communication tools to get by, and is a handy size. it arrived promptly and is good value for money, I would get other languages in this series.
on 9 January 2014
Again,my pronunciation is sketchy but Berlitz make their books very,very easy to understand.Brilliant book.Berlitz are a new favourite.Thank you again.
on 19 October 2012
For the money, this is a great little book. I know a little bit of Swedish and have forgotten more than I ever knew, so I purchased it as a refresher in anticipation of a future journey to Scandinavia. I would recommend it.
on 6 November 2012
I can only say this book is great for tourists and learning swedish sentences fast, but is not for learners who wants to learn from the basics.
on 28 July 2013
Compact and comprehensive for a phrase book and also contains rudimentary grammar. I have found this really very useful indeed.