on 4 April 2017
Nice little booklet.
As I'm planning a trip to Vietnam at the end of this year I would like to learn at least a few basic phrases.

This little book is divided into chapters, each covering a different topic: Basics, Practical, Social, Food etc, then there are the language dictionaries at the back: English to Vietnamese and vice versa.

The perfect size to carry in my handbag for now - for those few spare minutes (or hours!) on a train - and will fit into my hand luggage when I'm finally in Vietnam.
on 27 February 2016
Bought for my son's walking trip around Vietnam - It served him well but fell apart when he leapt into a waterfall pool forgetting it was still in his pocket. Still, it served him well, he was very happy using it to converse with the locals and has made many new friends doing so.
I am very happy to recommend - but its not waterproof.
on 16 April 2016
Very useful phrases! I love lonely planet - perfect size and great for pronounciations!
on 12 December 2013
as we're off to Vietnam for the first time next year we decided to do some research as our library isn't very good and bought this Lonely Planet guide. LP are always good and this one hasn't let us down ...just need to learn a little Vietnamese now!
on 16 November 2016
Not quite the book I expected. More for younger travellers looking for sex and drugs. That section in the book was not expected, so I am disappointed with the book.
on 8 March 2014
Excellent basic pocket guidebook with phonetic pronunciation, which is useful. Will report back on its accuracy when I return from Vietnam
on 5 December 2016
Great size book and was very useful when we were in a village where no one spoke any English, since it translates both ways.
on 26 March 2015
It is a very useful book. Loads of phases and easy phonetics to pronounce.
on 29 January 2016
A nice small book, easy to carry and very useful.