on 11 June 2017
I am three quarters of the way through reading this and think it is excellent. As mentioned by other reviewers a lot of the properties are hotels. She seems to have plenty and I would love to stay in them. Kit Kemp's style is what I would describe as comfortable and homely, therefore the images she chooses are easily translatable to a family home. She blends all types of furniture and fabrics together for what I think is a lovely style, it's underlying theme is essentially traditional but there are plenty of interesting or surprising touches and lots of use of modern pieces, art and fabrics alongside antiques, ethnic patterns and quirky ornaments. She is clearly very talented as I found that nothing jars and I adore her use of colour - which happens to be right up my street. She is particularly interested in fabrics and adopts some innovative ways of using them. Somehow she blends pattern and colour to just the right extent. It is not too matched or overdone and the rooms are welcoming and cheerful. Her commentary is helpful, explaining what she has done to achieve a particular look. I have gleaned loads of ideas for a barn conversion I am about to furnish so I am very glad I bought this book. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone interested in interiors unless you are a minimalist or like bling, in which case it is not your style (but I think you can see this from the cover).
on 12 February 2015
This is a stunning book. Having worked in one of her hotels years ago I expected it to be good but it is really glorious. I takes great skill to pull together all the different fabrics and colours she uses. On almost every page there were ideas which I would never have thought of and the way she marries together all the different colours, textures and patterns is superbly done.
on 24 January 2018
A beautiful book with some very creative designs
on 16 April 2018
Beautiful inspiring interior decoration coffee table book. Great value. Great ideas. Bold and colourful photos. Great value. Great gift
VINE VOICEon 29 September 2014
This is a wonderfully inspiring art book with generously lavish photography- it's relevance to today's decor is important as relaxed luxe is often drowned out by the current bland High street / tv scheme fix- opulent in modern context- I loved it.
on 6 March 2018
Obsessed with her style. Love love
on 16 February 2018
excellent book.
on 3 September 2017
Another good offering from one of teh best designers of our time. Self taught and breaks all the rules and sometimes unruly and unbalanced, but always inspiring
on 27 August 2014
Lots of lovely images, with chapters divided into different aspects of Kit Kemp's visual interests and style. Helpful text explains her thinking in each of these areas.
For all aficionados of Firmdale Hotels' and Kit Kemp's style and a lovely coffee table book generally. Published before opening of Kit Kemp's amazing Ham Yard Hotel.
on 29 July 2017