Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas with Elvis Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 8 April 2011
I was so excited to find this guide, as London is hard for this ethically minded foodie to negotiate. I like to know where my food is coming from, and this book delivers just the right sort of information about provenance and quality.

The problem is, Rose Prince is trying to cover the whole of the UK, and I think some places might not be covered very well yet.

I lived in Belfast for a stint two years ago, and a few of the Belfast places she mentions in the book are a little... well, not that great, and several that I know of are not mentioned at all. Now, I think this is just one of those prices you pay when you take on an ambitious project like this. What needs to happen is what Rose suggest everyone who reads the book does, which is send in comments and recommendations. That's how a guide like this, only 2 years old, will have a chance at becoming truly great. I definitely think it's on the way- I've already visited some of her London recommendations and am really impressed with what I've found.
on 29 December 2012
Thanks, brilliant, for a christmas present, my husband loved it will come here again thanks a lot for everything great
on 10 September 2013
I bought this expecting to be able to look up good food suppliers wherever I happened to be on holiday, on a weekend away or on a day trip. What I can do is look up, say, butchers and find one in the right area or fishmonger, or greengrocer. So, if I'm going to, say, the Cotswolds I would like to be able to look at a county chapter and find which food shops are worth a visit. Instead, I have to page through individual trades, rather than geographical areas. A complete organisation, by County or any other geographical area, would improve this book enormously. Failing that; a second index by County, City or arbitrary national division would be useful.

Once you get to what you want it is useful but the organisation of the contents is clumsy and wonky.
on 9 July 2013
very informative book and has loads of interesting places mentioned will be making it a tour and would like to explore there findings
on 9 April 2011
It's sad that so few of the suppliers in the book are from near us, but this will be in the car when we go on British holidays this year.
on 26 April 2011
I'm not sure if I will find this as helpful as Rose Princes' other food books, but I'm sure it will prove to be a great to good ingredients.