Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 February 2012
I have been looking forward to receiving this book, but I was disappointed the cake design is basic, glitter is used on the cupcakes in one picture a wire is pushed directly into a cupcake. Paris Cutler's previous books in my opinion are much better.
on 6 February 2012
I was really excited when I saw this book was coming out (I love, love, love the other two), so I pre-ordered it. When it arrived I was SO disappointed! This book is all about how to fundraise though cupcake making! The designs are poor, basic and uninspiring.

If you are a fan of 'planet cake' and love their amazing designs don't buy this book. If you are looking for an inspiring cupcake decoration book...this is not for you either!

Buy one of their other books instead!
on 8 November 2012
If you start decorating cupcakes with your small children, this book might be used once. But if you ever made decorated cupcakes before, you can make them even better, than is described in this book. It is such a shame, because I really lover her other 2 earlier books on cake and cupcake decorating. But there were absolutely no nice ideas in this book, not to mention tips that were not already in her other books.

If you do want to buy one of her books, buy the first one. There are lots of beautiful pictures and step by step explanations and pictures in there to learn how to do it yourself. And you can save yourself the money of buying this book.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 13 February 2012
Lovers of cupcakes will love this book I am sure because it contains exciting ideas and is aimed at complete beginners. This book uses safe cake paints, edible, non-toxic glitter (so no worries there), this book is health and safety conscious. If you are not happy using a product, then swap it for something else that appeals. There is a basic recipe for vanilla cupcakes plus a real bonus - a gluten free recipe. You'll also find recipes for caramel fudge, ganache, royal icing, syrup and fondant icing. Whatever the celebration, these party cakes are just great at any time. I loved the cheeky monkey most, I think I'd want to keep him not eat him; although given a box of twelve, I might nibble on one when no-one is looking. I think people would really appreciate these as gifts. Professional recipes and designer cupcakes. Adorable. This review first appeared on yarnsandfabrics website.
on 3 July 2012
A fab book with good step by step easy to follow diagrams, a perfect book for the beginner hobby baker.
on 5 February 2012
I could not wait for this book so ordered it from australia at over 4 times the price and i must say that it was worth it. The designs are very easy to execute yet very effective and unlike the much more complex designs in her cupcake book, i think Paris did this deliberately so that just about anyone can make the designs.

It does contains all you need to know to bake and decorate cupcakes and how to mould and decorate fudge - yes fudge! Aside from that there is lots of useful information if you want to hold a cupcake party for kids, baby showers, hen nights, fundraisers etc. I already hosted a 36th birthday party using some of her ideas. I would say its more like a cake party planning book (hence the name) and the designs are easy for anyone to execute. Well done Paris!
on 23 February 2014
really disappointing .... too basic for my needs. I very rarely look at it - I was hoping for so much more.
on 17 October 2014
Quick delivery, received next day. Great clear photos and projects to follow.