on 28 December 2013
I bought 6 cake decorating books this xmas as a present for an Instamatic baker and cake decorator , this by far is the best value for money and is jam packed. Its up to date with the designs and is 1/2 the price of some others I purchased which promised so much and did not measure up to this book. I am purchasing another copy for myself. If anyone has bought any of the other Austrian women' s weekly books they will know how good they are. I have many in my collection and they never fail to deliver , I would recommend this to anyone who bakes or just those who like looking and thinking about it. A delightful book well illustrated.Good also for ideas if your thinking about your own wedding cake, as it cost about the price of 1 1/2 of those wedding cake magazines and there's lots of good ideas inside.
on 8 September 2017
As is to be expected from Australian Woman's Weekly, this is a high quality production. That said, there are two drawbacks, with one being a major one.

None of the cakes specify how many people they would serve. This is a big let down, personally.

The other issue for me, personally, is that many cakes seem more suited to women. I would love to see some more male-friendly designs.

That said, this was a good buy and I would recommend it for anyone interested in experimenting with more sophisticated designs.
on 23 September 2015
I read the other reviews on this book and just had to buy it. Well I have to say this is one of the best books I have bought & the price was even better. I paid 98p for this (brand new) book plus the postage. I'm quite experienced with decorating & I absolutely love the ideas in this book which are quite different. I'd definitely recommend this book if you have a bit of experience but if you are a beginner I would suggest looking around for something with a few simpler ideas. Great book though !!!
on 9 December 2013
this is a gift for someone who wants to try cake decorating. Even if she doesn't pursue this art, this book should bring so much pleasure from just the illustrations alone. Obviously I didn't want to page through it too much as it is for a gift but from what I have seen, it is a beautifully illustrated book at a fantastic price. Nice one.
on 18 May 2017
I am very pleased with all aspects of this order 5*.
on 1 May 2015
Fab ...clear detailed instructions and photography.....makes you feel like you can make them all!!!
on 13 September 2013
Lovely book gives you the desire to make the cakes have tried some of the decorations already.
The recipes need to be followed with Australian measure as they are not quite the same as european.
Saying that Women's Weekly recipes turn out well in all l have tried
on 8 February 2013
This is now one of my favourite books and I've only had it one day!

Beautiful cakes, great ideas for all occasions, really different and deliciously sounding recipes, with everything clearly explained.
on 24 July 2016
Amazing value.
on 25 March 2014
A super coffee table style book-beautifully made. Techniques for both the beginner and more advanced decorator for both small buns and large cakes.