Customer reviews

on 4 August 2013
I didn't own a copy of this book when I was a child, but I remember having it read to me in the public library. There's a haunting quality to it which has never left me. For me, this remains one of many imagination-stirring fascinations from childhood that we all have.

I bought a copy for my daughter, and although she is too young for it at six months, I do enjoy reading it to her and she likes looking at the pictures. And the pictures in this book really are lovely. They're the sort of illustrations that children often love - lots to look at, with all sorts of curious details in each one that will take time to spot and discuss. There's a slightly creepy element to the pictures which I like.

The story has a Christian message but it's not over-done. I'm an atheist, but find the religious aspect pleasant. However, it may not be for everyone. I remember when I was little knowing the story had something to do with Jesus, but it is written with a bit of mystery and I didn't quite grasp the concept back then.
on 29 November 2017
A beautiful book with lovely illustrations. Arrived before the due date, and not over packaged.
on 21 December 2013
I chose this book to share with children as a stimulus for dance. the story is lovely and the art work delightful with so much packed into each picture. make a really lovely present.
on 27 December 2013
Great classic book, great pictures, a book that every child should have in their book collection.
A true classic. Excellent
on 28 May 2016
Lovely illustrations of this gentle story. These were bought as presentation copies for primary schools.. I hope many children will love the story over the years. Let's hope children keep reading.
on 30 May 2015
It was fantastic!
I enjoyed the book because it had a nice meaning to it and I'm going to read it again and again.
on 28 March 2016
Beautifully produced book illustrations so interesting ,the little people add interest .
on 20 January 2016
Not yet read but some of the children have and enjoyed it
on 31 October 2016
A beautiful book for my Grandson
on 17 February 2016