on 7 March 2017
Used this book with my 8 yr old grandson when we went to Paris - map was easy to use and lots of interesting facts.
on 6 January 2012
I bought this book for my (nearly) six year old grandson who will be going to Paris in March. The book is excellent -- a bit 'quirky' and fun -- just right for a boy of this age (although I believe it says for 7 years upwards). You can't go wrong with this book.
on 2 December 2012
I bought this in order to be able to talk through Paris prior to our visit in March. ( I got it in November) . Every bedtime we have read through one of two spreads and talked about the things we could see. Hopefully, by the time we arrive my little girl and boy will recognise the sites and take a greater experience away. That's the plan. The depth of knowledge is as deep as the age group can absorb and the high degree of illustration reatins interest.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 October 2011
Targeted at children, this new series from the Lonely Planet francise introduces some of the world's great cities. The focus is on "stuff that's cool to know" and the books are a terrific introduction to each city. My boys are aged 7 and 11 and they both have really enjoyed these books.

"Paris: Everything you ever wanted to know" covers a wide range of topics: the history of the city, key architectural highlights, interesting streets and districts, quirky shops, famous works of art, the everyday lives of Parisians and key inventions . The book is in full colour with many photographs and illustrations and includes a comprehensive index.

While there's plenty of educational text, it's written and presented in an upbeat and quirky way. Some of the many cool facts that my kids enjoyed reading about are the hotel for dogs, crazy French food, the bone-filled catacombs, the Tour de France, the way that the Basilica of Sacre Coeur cleans itself and the french habit of jumping in fountains on hot days.

Whether you're preparing for a trip or just interested in learning more about the world, this is a fantastic addition to a child's library. The entire series is terrific, but this one is especially good.
on 25 August 2013
Bought this for my 7 y/o son to get ready for his second trip to Paris (went last summer so had already seen the most well-known sights). He'd really been looking forward to going but nonetheless when he saw the book he said "Booooooriiiiing!" (cheeky so-and-so!). However I got him to read a page daily and in no time at all he got really into it and was excitedly talking about going to see the Mona Lisa (!!! - he's normally got his nose stuck in some computer game or other), Place de la Concorde and other interesting though slightly less famous sights. The book is well written for its target audience with snippets of information dotted around the pages rather than full-blown articles that they have to trawl through. It manages to cover a wide breadth of things to do/see/experience in Paris from a kid's perspective (eg, lots of "Did you know that....?"). Ummed and ahhed about buying it but really glad I did and can thoroughly recommend it.
on 16 March 2012
My 9 year old grandson absolutly loved this book. He kept it with him all the time, as we went around the major sights on his first trip to Paris. He particularly liked the quirky facts, which he would periodically share with us (the grown-ups)such as the number of cofins in which Napoleon is encased!
on 16 April 2016
Good, but much like the Paris city break a bit too grown up for my 5 and 6 year old. They'd said they'd have preferred the park.

Book focus on unusual detail about sights / Paris which an older free reader would enjoy.
on 16 March 2012
I bought this for my 8 year old son as we are visiting Paris in April. He loved it. It is layed out in a very easy to read format, lots of really good pictures. He has visited Paris before but this time, with a whole new out look.
on 14 April 2012
Excellent guide book for kids about to visit Paris. Well laid out and with lots of fun facts about lots of places to visit and things to do in Paris, but cleverly written and designed to appeal to younger audiences...and yes, we found it a good read too! Bought for my 8yo son prior to a family trip to Paris, he absolutely loved it, kept telling us the latest facts he had discovered and made sure he let us know what he wanted to visit. He also made sure we never went out without the book and took every opportunity to read to us the pages of the places we were about to visit. Thoroughly recommended.
on 12 August 2015
These are great books. It's not for parents but I had a sneaky look anyway. It's not like your average travel guide for children. It's filled with unusual and quirky facts that will keep your children interested. My 8, 10, and 12 really enjoyed reading it before we went to Paris. On our holiday they bombarded us with their knowledge about Paris and they made many decisions about where to go and what to see. I can only highly recommend these books.