on 7 July 2017
I bought this as a present for my partner and it's absolutely huge. I was really surprised by this when it arrived. There are no pictures in it, it's just reams and reams of text. It's put my partner off reading it so it's sat untouched on the shelf.
on 6 March 2016
Really handy book, just like every other lonely planet. It gives a good overview of a city and the key places to go. My one criticism is that it doesn't advertise travelling "on a shoestring" - €100 hotels isn't what I would consider cheap. It does normally provide one hostel option (approx €10-30 most of the time) but I would have liked more of an emphasis on cheap travel. Still an essential companion!
on 3 November 2013
The guide is arranged in good order, having recommendations to all aspects with useful details such as websites and estimated prices. Even the book is quite thick but it is still a handy guide that helps while you are traveling.
on 27 October 2015
Very chunky (wouldn't take on a backpack trip). This thing is like the bible. Also it focuses too much on offering useless information, such as 2013's exchange rate between sterling and euro. As well as offering outdated hostel rates and recommendations. I am sure it was useful before the rise of WiFi but now the abundance of information makes this book useless. Also if you want some inspiration for your trip, buy the other LP Europe Guides as they have more photos and history. This book is literally black & white with no crisp images whatsoever. It feels more like a phonebook if anything. Verdict: The only real value of this book comes if you run out of battery in all your web browsing devices so you are really desperate for offline information (e.g. on a long train trip). Even then it's mostly outdated.
on 28 July 2014
Good for an overview of each country, obviously if you plan to stay in one country for longer than another you may want to consider getting said specific book. But in general a very informative and entertaining travel book - as always from Loney planet :)
on 21 November 2013
I love it! I've already put colored signs for the places I want to go to, the ones I have seen, etc..
Of course some places are less detailed than others, you would probably need to read a couple more things before going in certain cities, but the essentials are there!
on 18 July 2014
I bought this as I'm going interrailling and it isn't great - I thought it would have been full with really cheap hostels but they are mostly middle range prices - I think going online is just as easy if not more so!
on 25 January 2017
I love this book so much! I travel to a new city every month or so and this book is perfect to advise you on cheap travel tickets/hotels/hostels/food and attractions. I cant recommend this book enough! Don't travel without it in my back pack!
on 13 June 2015
Everywhere it says to go was great, all the hostel recommendations, bars and restaurants were great and I've used it on so many different occasions. Big and heavy to travel around with but I'm willing to do that because I trust it.
on 26 July 2014
My Boyfriend and I traveled Europe by train for 5 weeks and this guide was a handy summary of all the best activities! The only fault is that some of the pricing was slightly out of date which surprised me with a Kindle version.