on 25 March 2011
Great little handy guide to Vienna - easy to carry around as so compact and lightweight - just what I was looking for. Great tips on food/drink/sights and I like the way the book is divided into areas within Vienna. I felt the pull out 'Innere Stadt' map could have been more detailed, as not all the road names are marked but, for the price & a short stay in Vienna, this is a good guide.
on 26 January 2013
Nice small size for popping in a backpack, covers all the important sites and information. Top 10 highlights always makes trip-planning a doddle.
on 28 October 2013
I didn't really enjoy the guidebook, even though I'm an avid Lonely Planet guidebook traveler. I didn't find the book to be clear about what sights we should see, it was more focused on atmosphere, which is great, but when I buy a quick guide book I want to know what the top 5 sights are as well as where to take in the atmosphere. We also had trouble with the book in that we really wanted to see the Hundertwasser Haus (very famous piece of architecture in Vienna) and it wasn't on ANY of the maps! It had a very small blurb in the book, then referred to a map which referred to another map. In the end we got lost trying to find it and were very frustrated. I think I would buy the larger book next time instead of the 'Encounter' version because we found this book pretty useless overall. Disappointed.
on 17 January 2013
Excellent guide for a short stay in Vienna. Helped us get around and see the best sights. Tip to buy a Vienna card very useful.
on 29 April 2013
Handy little book to take away and slip into a trouser pocket. Obviously a cut down version from the big books so content is necessarily limited. There could perhaps be a little more accommodation information. However, I found it very useful and it was well thumbed with various page markers for maps and places to see. I would certainly recommend it as it covers all the main sights.
on 26 April 2014
Great guidebook for a short trip to Vienna. Clear, concise information about all the places you shouldn't miss as well as a few that you very easily could miss but are definitely worth a look (anyone fancy a trip to see the coolest rubbish dump ever?!).
on 28 May 2014
Had lots of interesting tips and helpful information, helped to make our Vienna celebrations go smoothly without any major mishaps
on 21 December 2014
Very useful small book containing lots of invaluable information Speedy delivery. Very satisfactory transaction!
on 27 October 2014
great book to help plan your trip - remember to book the lipizanners before you go!
on 14 January 2015
Yes, it's a very interesant guide that shows the most important place to visit