on 8 June 2014
I did like this book it was good. But there was some inaccurate reporting of prices and some attractions, the typewriter museum for instance were not as great as the guide made out. Some attractions cost money but were stated as being free. If you want to actually see anything in San Marco Basilica be prepared to pay 5 euro to go on the roof, 5 euro to see the treasures and 2 euro to see the sarcophagus lid. So 12 euro all together. There were other exhibits that cost money to enter and were said to be free. The Peggy Guggenheim is definitely worth a visit, you should go there for sure. Didn't get to see most of the rest of the place, would go back again...
on 18 October 2017
Disappointed with this book. I bought it on kindle on the strength that I found the Rome guide excellent. I found it extremely difficult to plan -skipping between the pages and places was difficult. Constantly having to go back to the contents page which wasn't the best. Also recommendations for places to eat on a budget were not very good. The promise of a espresso for €1 near St Mark's square didn't materialise. Many places here wouldnt let you sit outside unless you were having a full meal (very expensive) . It would be more useful to have a page of cheaper restaurants/cafes as many in here were beyond my budget. There were some useful pieces of information but in the end I found it easier to use google. Im sure the paper version would be better but I can't recommend the kindle version.
on 6 August 2015
I confused this guide with the main LP guide, so a pocket edition wasn't quite what I wanted!

Having said that, this edition is smaller - and more up to date - than our existing guide and seems to gove concise pocvkerts of information, so should do well. We do know the city quite well, but it's always good to read a litytle pre-trip.
on 26 November 2016
This was a life saver, perfect sized book to carry with us everyday and thank goodness we did! There's a fab little map at the back which we completely wore out. We used it for our entire trip to find the highlights of Venice and some really good restaurants. I love lonely planet books they really are informative and worth the money to get the most out of your holiday.
on 7 March 2018
Fantastic guide very well used during my hols
Arrived on time stated
Would use seller again
on 25 September 2017
Great size, lots of useful information and well used for four days in Venice!
on 23 May 2016
Bought a similar book for a relative then decided I could do with one to help me with my planned trip. Looks good, lots of useful information.
on 4 March 2018
I used this when I went to Venice last year, it's a good size to carry around. The extra facts are great and good maps too. Lonely Planet are a must have in travel books!
on 2 May 2017
Should have learnt, bought e-book for kindle for Washington and Rome and found them both difficult to find information whilst walking around. Poor index and therefore missed what could have been fascinating information. Next time I will buy a paper back guide.
on 16 November 2014
This was fantastic for our weekend away. Just the right information in pocket size. The maps were great and the tips were also ideal. Really liked that they suggested murano and Burano as not many tourists go there and we were thrilled to visit these litttle islands as they were just so beautiful. Really recommend it