My daughter and I used this book extensively on a recent seven day trip to Hong Kong and it was rarely out of my pocket or hand the whole time. The writing style is informative but informal with plenty of pictures and a decent fold out map which was better than anything that the hotel could provide us with (tip - take a clear plastic A4 envelope or the map will get tatty quickly!). A summary of each area gives a taste of what you are to expect and colour coded pages help in navigation.

I would take issue with the Top Ten sites but that's purely subjective. For example the Man Mo temple and HSBC building are 5 minute wonders but The Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery are well worth the trip. Ocean Park too if you're travelling with youngsters. Happy Valley, Star Ferry and The Peak are a must and if you like your green spaces, we found Kowloon Park to be better than Hong Kong Park.

Overall, this was a fiver well spent and massively helped us enjoy our trip to this great city.
on 6 July 2015
Excellent mini guide to Hong Kong in terms of seeing all the sights. However, we found that the food recommendations, without exception, were dreadful - places were either closed or, more often the case, were just appalling places that were dirty and with unpleasant food. Having travelled across China we know it is possible to eat very well so there was either something very out of date about this book or we were just on a completely different wavelength to the author. Places that we stumbled upon for ourselves turned out to be much better! Having said that, it was a great guide to plan what to see and how to get around.
on 5 January 2015
Perfect for our rushed two day visit - you can use the canned walks and "top ten" suggestions, good restaurant guide etc, or go a bit deeper if you have more time. Anything less than a week's visit and you won't need much more than this.
on 26 May 2015
Like all Lonely Planet books, this one didn't fail to help me around the city. Great suggestions I wouldn't necessarily have found myself, and the perfect size to pop in a bag and carry around for reference.
on 22 January 2014
Compared to other Lonly Planet books (Anghor Wat and Siem Reap) I did not find this one very useful. Limited information, did not make me feel the writer knew her subject ot had not done much research.
on 5 February 2014
My niece and her boyfriend moved to Hong Kong in January and I bought this book as a little leaving present. He read it right though and said that it gave an excellent insight into their new home.
on 5 September 2014
Loads of good information about Hong Kong, where to eat, places to see, accommodation in fact everything you need to know in a handy size book.
on 10 September 2014
Arrived fter a littlewhile and was well packaged. They were of good quality and has been very useful in planning my trip to Hong Kong.
on 20 April 2015
The content was fine, also getting around the book but it locked my tablet when I needed to exit to view another website
on 11 November 2013
This guide is practical; giving clear details with map and will fit easily into your pocket as you tour hong kong.