on 10 May 2014
If you're looking for information about a country before a trip, this isn't the right book for you. Pay attention on the number of pages, remember how many countries they cover, and you'll realize it's not possible to give detailed or semi-detailed information about any country. The first thing I did was to look at Turkey, as that's where I'm from. Every information (other than population as it's been published years ago) was correct, but not nearly enough of course. How can you talk about a country's history in details or mention even 25% of its best places to see when you're covering every European country? Impossible. They have given 4-5 pages to large countries and 2 pages for smaller ones.

Be aware of what you will get and you won't get disappointed. This is more like the "basics" of countries in a pretty humorous writing than a traveling book. The pictures are average to be honest, or maybe it's because I'm spoiled with seeing excellent pictures with all the amateur and professional photographers posting their work online these days. The hardcover version is heavy and its length might not fit into every bookshelf. I haven't noticed any false information. If you like to see Europe in one book, this is still a good choice.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 August 2014
great book, gives a taster of loads of different countries. we love to travel and I got it as a present for my husband to give us a few ideas .Great pictures and some interesting facts.
One person found this helpful
on 21 January 2015
Bought as a present. They loved it. Very pictorial and not in depth so good as an overview, but not for someone wanting specific info on a country. Good coffee table book
on 10 November 2015
Good book lovely pictures makes me want to go traveling. Useful facts about the different places
on 26 November 2010
Perfect present for a friend, partner or family member who dreams of or loves to take short breaks across europe. Good size & quality, would like someone to give this to me!
5 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2016
great film. excellent seller
on 8 February 2017
What a brilliant book especially good as a reference sat on the shelf or the side table
on 3 June 2016
Very Good ! Great photos even though The information about each country is a bit too summarized .
on 24 January 2011
If you're looking for an inspiring picture book of Europe this isn't it. Only 3 or 4 pages per country. And that means a couple of pictures per country. What can you do with that? I'm not sure of the point of the book -- might work well in dentists' waiting rooms.
5 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 19 January 2012
I got this book because I heard that it had folklore, myths and legends for alot of the places and it hasn't disappointed. Its a great find, with fantastic information and amazing pictures. I cant wait to start my travels :o)
3 people found this helpful