on 2 September 2017
My daughter specifically asked for this book after it had been recommended to her. So I ordered it for her as a birthday present. She loves it, and has already started using some of the recipes.
on 19 April 2017
Beautiful photography, very inspring, great recipes. I bought it as a gift but I didn't want to give away!
on 14 October 2015
Gift for son in law - he uses it a lot
on 30 August 2017
Fab book full of delicious "Hellenic" recipes.
on 9 September 2016
I bought many Greek recipe books over the year but this is by far the best.
The recipes are clean, the photos are great quality and more importantly, everything is genuinely Greek.
How do I know? Because I am married to. Greek man and we have spent the past 10 summers of our lives in Thessalonki, the capital of good food 😀!
I recommend it for easy to follow, genuinely Greek recipes.
on 15 November 2010
Being greek (and a cooking addict), I don't have that many greek recipe cookbooks in my collection, as I always think that I know better! :-). But Tessa's book is a treasure. The recipes are complemented by beautiful photography making it a book you should have on your living room coffee table. Going through the recipes I could tell that she took the time and effort to create each dish as a greek would cook it and even better. This book is a must have for anyone who enjoys eating or cooking authentic and utterly delicious greek food. Thank you Tessa!
on 8 August 2011
It is a beautiful book to watch and read, and also great recipies, the only thing that is a bit difficult are the letters, they are written in a artistic way, but indistinct.
beautiful pictures, like a museum book.
on 28 September 2010
..from Tessa Kiros. I haven't looked at every recipe and but I have thumbed through it fairly thoroughly. It is an excellent collection for those who want to recreate their experience of eating in Greece. All the taverna favourites are there - briam, skordalia, horta, feta omelette with potatoes, scrambled eggs with tomatoes, baked dishes, salads, starters. In fact, quite a lot of recipes that you don't really need recipes for if you have any experience in the kitchen!

The pictures are great - as they always are in her books.

But I won't be buying it although I am a sort of amateur collector of books on Greek food. The reason is twofold: not quite enough new challenging recipes I want to try and the presentation of the recipes: palish blue type - really quite hard to read (at least at my age!). The designer won out over the practical cook! I think it is a mistake.

But excellent for someone who wants to start cooking Greek food and will welcome a non-threatening approach so 4 rather than the 3 stars I was first going to give.
on 19 October 2010
Another great book with wonderful recipes and pictures, but it's a great pity that the text is in a blue colour which is extremely difficult to read. Please, please, please, publisher, don't do this. Trendy it may be - practical it's not.
on 18 November 2011
Tessa is an excellent writer and produces books that really make you want to get into the kitchen and cook - but with this book the presentation is terrible, even though the content is up to usual high standards.

The colour of the text makes the book exceptionally difficult to read just browsing - let alone when cooking from it. This does matter and is not something unfortunately that can be overlooked.

The food, recipes and writing are great = 5 * - BUT the enjoyment of this book IS effected by these issues. Until the publisher tackles this buy another book on greek food - I own around 400 + cookbooks, and I am a keen cook.

I GOT SO FRUSTRATED BY THE TYPE COLOUR I GAVE THIS BOOK AWAY (Note I am a young guy with 20/20 vision!)

You have been warned!
99 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse