Customer reviews

Etcetera
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 19 November 2017
Bought for a fiend who saw my copy, love it
on 7 March 2016
very pleased
on 17 December 2015
I'm with the people who find this book more irritating than inspirational. I bought it because I saw some exciting pix - and there are - but most of the book is extraordinarily self-indulgent. Court really does think any thought of hers is worth 'sharing'. She also thinks that here taste is unique whereas Hans Blomquist and a batch of other stylists have all exactly the same 'alternative' style. I judge a book by whether or not I will read it again. If it sufficiently interesting I will - I can't imagine I will this book.
on 3 September 2015
Beautiful book which I bought for a gift, on my wish list for myself.
Good communication from seller.
on 17 July 2015
nice and inspiring, a book to have on your shelf
on 1 April 2015
Fantastic book at a bargain price
on 24 February 2014
Bought as a gift - appreciated.
on 4 February 2014
This is probably the best interiors book I own. A must for anyone who loves colour and hates magnolia. I will never get bored of looking into this delightful book. Very clever styling and full of ideas.
on 16 June 2013
This book is a tactile and visual delight, the sort of book you don't necessary need but it gives pleasure by owning it and being able to dip in and out of it.
on 10 June 2013
I can see that this book has tactile qualities and a certain moody attraction, but the overall impression is one of pretentious self-indulgence. So much of it could feature in Private Eye's 'Pseud's Corner' - 'Slapdash wallpaper, with all its tracks and unaligned patterns, creates an eccentric, transient sculpture'; 'Lead pencils, sharpened with knives are particularly appealing to me. I wrote the first draft of this book in pencil while sitting on the beach'. It made me squirm. The book espouses the idea of collecting things to display in the home, something I enjoy doing, but Court is cramming so much onto a shelf it's hard to see what's what, and the dusting must take forever. So many of her ideas are simply for show and don't reflect true character. Unless you are actually a sailor, why hang nautical charts on the wall and drape a display of knots over it? It's not logical. If you like the idea of collecting pieces of barbed wire or crocheting a cover for a large beach stone, this is the book for you. The use of typewriter font throughout also grated on me, it's just so 'look, it's all homemade'. Sorry, just didn't like it. Sent it back.