Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 May 2015
I love the pocket series, by split the city into separate parts and having a whole section for each part that is colour co-ordinatedto they make it very easy to find what you're looking for, also they have some pretty cool suggestions for stuff you would have never thought to look at.
on 4 October 2015
Overall the guide was informative but it could have had a bit more detail regarding transport. We wanted to go to the Great Wall under our own steam and the book was lacking information here. We knew we could get a tree train but we didn't know there were two train stations. We did eventually manage to get to Badaling and had a fantastic time but had we had the correct information from the guide we would have had more time there Also a reference needs to be made that Beijing has very and I stress very few people who understand English. A tip here is to always have the address where you are staying in Chinese and also where you are travelling to. No taxi drivers spoke English.
W
My daughter and I travelled to Shanghai, Hanhzhou, Dongguan and Hong Kong and Beijing was the most difficult if you needed help with travel into. In saying that the subway was very user friendly and even getting a ticket yourself from the machine was easy. It's very efficient and easy way to get around plus cheap.
on 29 October 2013
This guide was really useful on our recent trip to Beijing. Good transport information for getting around and things to do. Small enough to carry round all day, with a separate map of the centre of Beijing in addition to the local area maps in the book. Our hotel expected visitors to book expensive organised tours so only provided an inadequate map, we were really pleased we had purchased this book.
on 3 August 2013
Bought this for a recent journey, thinking it would save space in the suitcase. However, I wish I had taken the books I'd bought. This type of book does not lend itself well to a kindle. You want to be able to flick between pages quickly and easily, and this doesn't happen. Also no useful maps to use for reference.
on 16 August 2013
Short, precise, and contains all the info that I need. Nothing more, nothing less.. some of the spots are however commercial and not too local. But it is still good. Would definitely recommend it!
on 26 October 2015
Map was invaluable when walking around Beijing. Guide was descript as required, not too in depth, but enough. Overall, glad I purchased. Same as for the Shanghai pocket guide.
on 29 January 2016
my daughter is using the travel guide in china as i write this and i know shes happy with it.and i was more than happy with the delivery.
on 18 March 2014
Well received gift for a relative who will be visiting Bejing. Handy pocket size. Amazing the amount of information is such a small book.
on 31 May 2014
This book was amazing for my time spent in china. Bring a solo traveler at the time, it helped me so much!!
on 27 June 2015
Like all Lonely Planet guides, this pocket guide to Beijing was invaluable on a recent trip there.